Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cold Air Intake/induction Options

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

Before I designed the intake I fitted the HKS Drager exhaust.

And I really noticed an improvement in responsing and such.

But it took some time, because the ECU had to read the new values and correct the air/fuel. After a few hundreds and thousands km it seemed to work fine.

An ECU reset wouldn't have been bad I think, it would have worked quicker.

It revs much faster at low rpm, so it got a more agressive acceleration like Golf GTI or anything at low-end power.

In the high-end power area the power didn't increase very much, hardly to notice.

But it pulls much better from 2500-4000rpm.

Not to forget the rumbly sound it makes when accelerating.

After fitting the intake the sound got just deeper and louder than before.

And that not only until 3000rpm...... sound is like:

1000-3500 rumbly deep

3500-6500 like a race car, really cool.

I recorded it with a digicam, maybe I can post it with a link.

But I also noticed an increase in fuel requiring.

In cause of the increased air flowing the ECU also increased the fuel to set the A/F mixture in correct ratio.

But it didn't increase all too much.

I think with an AFC you could adjust it much better to get more power depending on the advantages of an intake and exhaust.

NG, RR

i cant find the site with the heatshields on, i stumbled across it in the early hours the other night but didnt note the address. i'm sure it was a uk company who were developing an induction kit for the IS200. the price was def £19 for the heatshield.

www.hypersr.com - may have been them and have since removed the page i dont know. has anyone used hyper sr for anything?

i cant find the site with the heatshields on, i stumbled across it in the early hours the other night but didnt note the address. i'm sure it was a uk company who were developing an induction kit for the IS200. the price was def £19 for the heatshield.

My good man...I know the exact site you were looking at....

www.tuneacar.co.uk

Neil B)

Works fine for me! sounds sweet m8.i think you should make a few more up and sell them on here :) and call it "The Rash Induction".

By the Way i right clicked on the link and selected "save target as" then played it in Winamp.

Yes with right button click it works fine.

Hmm... I have some more vids like drifting and :tsktsk: around on a huge snowy place and such.

But I would kill the servers' space capacity. I could cut out some few seconds and post them.

Any Admin should tell me if I were allowed to do and where I should post them.

N-Ice Greetings,

RoadRash

Edited by ColinBarber

still cant get it to work in quicktime or windows media player, im saving it to disk but it just aint happening for me! i'm using a mac so i dont know if the file is encrypted for windows or something? i've only had 1 mpeg before that i couldnt see before.

Firstly, girls.. :duh:

Are you using the lastest version of Windows Media Player version 9?

And have you the latest codecs?

To play some MPEG files you need the DivX codec. Get it from HERE

If you've already got Windows Media Player Version 9 you can get the latest codecs for it HERE

If you need Windows Media Player version 9 then click on the following:-

Windows Media Player for Win98SE, ME, 2000, XP and MAC

Remember to select the right version for your operating system :whistling:

Once you've got those installed, have another go.

Cool, RR, you should post the other videos anyway. No problem downloiading them if they are big, there are a lot of members with great "induction kits" on their PCs ;) .

Makes me wanna play with a digicam too....

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

I will cut some scenes out, create a new topic and post them with links.

Any idea which vid format I should choose, so that everybody can watch it??

Not too big files, or it would kill the transfer and performance of the server or anything.

I have some vids, but I will record new ones after we got fresh snow.

Last time it was warm and rained as hell, all snow disappeared.

NG, RR

Uploading video's is really only meant to be available to GOLD Members, as downloading videos is a real bandwidth killer.

I'd suggest PM'ing Steve to check if you can first.

Alternatively, can anyone offer temporary internet storage, (free) to put these on?

Finally got the pricing for the Trust Greddy intake for the IS200/GXE10.

Cost is £110 excluding shipping and V.A.T.

I need 5 people in order to get this price.

Since I need to prepay for the intakes I need to get a 50% downpayment.

It will take about 4 weeks for me to have them in stock and then I will send them out by airmail. So expect a 6 weeks delivery time from ordering to receiving the intake

Shipping is approx. £20 depending on actual weight.

So total cost is £130 (approx.) ex. VAT.

Please post in this thread if you are interested.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links