Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Between me and my boss we have 4 LS's ( greedy lol) LS400 mk4, LS430, LS460, LS600hl

Here's a pic of 3 of them together, from left to right 460 600 430 (top right next to camper van)

post-11502-0-57406000-1446470880_thumb.j

After getting over the initial shock, I'm really liking the new 'basking shark ' front grill fitted to the new models like the LS460 shown above. Definitely growing on me. A modern, bold move by Lexus. You certainly can't criticise Lexus for being a bland or boring car maker any more.

After getting over the initial shock, I'm really liking the new 'basking shark ' front grill fitted to the new models like the LS460 shown above. Definitely growing on me. A modern, bold move by Lexus. You certainly can't criticise Lexus for being a bland or boring car maker any more.

The basking shark look is not growing on me, and I must confess the 430 look has never appealed, but if ever I had to buy one (should my current LS give up) I am sure I would get used to it.

I guess when your driving your not looking at the grill, so maybe I am just being an old fuddy-duddy.

My main 'problem' with newer cars (of all persuasions) is the console looking more like a flightdeck cockpit (by the way anyone know why it is called a cockpit?)

Many of us like the look of a particular model but we only see it when it is parked - or someone else has stolen it!

The interior / ride / comfort / luxury / boot space should be more of a priority but it isn't!

I could also get used to a LS430's shape if my 400 dies. With all the toys in an LS, still my favourite features are the smooth ride / gear change and effortless power of the V8. Apart from the air conditioning, I think I could put up with other features that might not work in the future..

I find cars more attractive when I own them. They suddenly look pleasing in a way that they didn't before. Maybe it's the same with kids and pets? You don't see their faults in the way that other people do.

From Wikipedia: 'The word cockpit was originally a sailing term for the coxswain's station in a Royal Navy ship, and later the location of the ship's rudder controls.[citation needed]'

Many of us like the look of a particular model but we only see it when it is parked - or someone else has stolen it!

The interior / ride / comfort / luxury / boot space should be more of a priority but it isn't!

I could also get used to a LS430's shape if my 400 dies. With all the toys in an LS, still my favourite features are the smooth ride / gear change and effortless power of the V8. Apart from the air conditioning, I think I could put up with other features that might not work in the future..

where as the ls430 does have some weak points i'm pleased to tell you that it is definitely a notch better in terms of gear change/effortless ride.

in the mark 4 you do notice the revs and gears change especially when cold - in the 430 you don't - even when cold you dont hear the engine note or gear changes. - the throttle is more sensitive so the car feels very light - you also don't hear the steering retract - all done silently.

My Celsior must be a 430 then :)

I do agree with the steering wheel motor making a little noise. All my previous 400's did this. The Celsior's is completely quiet though.

Probably just as well I've never driven one. I could be tempted, especially as some are cheaper than 400s were when I was looking for mine five years ago.

I see that 2005 GS300s are down to about £4000 now. Anyone on here had experience of one?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links