Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc (Vehicle Stability Control) Warning Lights Stay On (Gs 2Nd Gen 200

GS430SE2

Fault: "VSC" (Vehicle Stability Control) and "VSC off" warning lights stay on

Car: 2nd Gen Lexus GS430 (UK - right-hand drive vehicle) - 2004 model

How did the fault arise?
Car ran out of fuel just short of a petrol station. I put it in neutral and manually pushed it, just a bit. After filling up and switching on, the warning lights came on, and ever since then, these warning lights have stayed on. They were never there prior to this pushing - 100% certain.

What have I tried to do since?
In the central console (between the front seats) there is a button to switch VSC off. That has no effect at all.
I have tried disconnecting the Battery for 30 minutes. Each time on reconnection, the warning lights come back on almost immediately.
I have looked for the OBD-II connector, because I read that shorting out pins 4 and 14 of this connector might clear the fault. This connector is supposed to be near the boot-release (trunk-release), but I cannot find it. I have peered underneath and looked for any panel, and used Google Images, to no avail.

HELP!

OK, I found the OBD-II connector. I shorted pins 4 and 14 for 30 seconds as follows:
Ignition off
bridge pins 4 and 14
ignition on (did not start the engine)
leave on for 30 seconds
ignition off
remove bridge

And hey presto, VSC and VSC Off lights disappeared. However, I expect these warning lights will come back on. What next?