Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alternative Ways To Drain Coolant?

Underneth my IS200 automatic x reg I have noticed that there is quite a large board which is covering many parts of the bottom of the engine, from my research the coolant drain switch is under this - as I cannot remove it as I do not have a car lift to remove this cover, can I somehow drain the coolant from the top by opening the bonnet or some other way?

I have attached a picture of whats under my bonnet, can any of these pipes be disconnected perhaps?

IMG_20151103_160246.jpg

Regards

To remove the under tray there are several 10mm bolts that hold the under tray to the bumper and there are a few that are held on at the back of the tray, remove these bolts and the tray should come off, you can then remove the bottom rad hose and drain the coolant.

• 3 weeks later...

You do not need to remove the tray completely, just undo the front screws.

the drain screw for the radiator is located (looking at front of car) to the bootom right, it is a small white plastic wing nut type plug, undo this, ensuring you have a container suitably sized to take the fluid.

once it is undone (it does not need to be fully removed to drain) remove radiator filler cap and this will allow for a more efficient drain of the system