Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So after a years ownership the car wasnt quite what we wanted, so off she goes.

This time its the wife's choice and we are now owners of a CT200 this becoming the 6th Lexus we have had.

Me too.

Always liked the look of the 250C.

Performance side of it does not bother me...I'm no speed merchant. I'm happy to waft along enjoying it all.

Maybe it's the open air thing you're not too keen on. Well used to that....forever pinching my wifes MX5 for a quick jolly!!

She's now after the newer roadster with the folding metal roof.

I'm keen to know your reasons too as I'm actively seeking to purchase a 250C .

Before the IS250 we had a Saab 93 Aero convertible and we miss the summer days out that the convertible encouraged.

Like Normski, I don't need blistering performance, a comfortable and luxurious place to be is more important.

Sorry for the delay in replying guys.

OK so the wife had the SC430 previously and now the grandchildren are a little bigger she wanted something easier for them to fit.

The IS250c seemed bigger in the back which generally for the grandkids was fine, unfortunately anyone else will struggle to get in and out, even if you have the electric folding seats.

The car does occasionally struggle to find the right gear on a motorway if you want quick acceleration, but not really an issue as it was never bought for that. Also I need to be careful here as I said the previous car was an SC430 and that had no issues with acceleration!

The other odd thing for us and I do stress this is our opinion on a great car, we had a model without memory seats, a real pain as we have very different driving positions. No change holder, which again seems like a minor thing but a real pain.

On the plus side its a rare car and looks lovely with the roof down, especially in the blue and cream colour combo we had. Roof goes down quickly and easily. Reversing Cam and parking sensors will tell you if you are too close to something behind to open\shut the roof (nice touch).

So all in all nothing much wrong with the car, but she is insistent on having a car that we can get people in the back off hence why we changed.

Personally I will miss having a convertible.

Happy to answer any questions and do hope our one goes to someone on here.

Thanks for the reply Ray.....I'm encouraged !

I've put a deposit on an IS250C today pending the sale of my IS250 tomorrow.

My proposed new one is the SE-L so has memory seats, I think we'd struggle without those now.

We rarely have anyone riding in the back, they should feel privileged to be having a lift in a Lexus and put up with the space available !

I'll post more details if my sale and purchase goes ahead.

• Like 1

Hi thanks for the info on the convertible ; I too am interested and the space problems wont bother us .After a 3000 mile tour in france in a MX5 retractable hard top we are looking for a bit more comfort and less noise .I know the Lexus is not a sports car but we intend to try and keep the MX .Just hoping the Lexus prices will come down a bit as winter is here and prices seem pretty strong at present .

Dave

Thanks for the reply Ray, some interesting points.

Not too concerned about rear seat capability either, I've always thought anybody over the age of about ten looks a bit odd in the back of a car with the roof down anyway.

They even seem to have a faintly embarrassed look on their faces as well, in my experience.

• 1 month later...

Hi ,I have finally found an IS 250c which seems to be what I am looking for (thanks for all the advice on here) I have 1st refusal and I am going to view tomorrow.The car is at a large independent dealer who is not a Lexus franchise ,and does not seem to know a lot about these cars as they are quite rare . All the questions I have raised have been positively answered ,so the only bargaining point I seem to have is it only has 1 key .It is a 2011 SEL with push button start ,I think it is some kind of smart key ,can someone advise me what is involved in obtaining a 2nd key ,programming it etc and cost . I want to get this sorted prior to purchase as I don't think it is as easy as the salesman suggests . Thanks in advance

Dave

Lexus will charge around £350 for a new key and re-programming both back to your car. So there's a route to £500 off the price. I'd always want 2 key units. I don't think anyone but Lexus can do it.....as far as I understand.

I thought I had lost a key to my RCF, I was told by the

parts department it would be £60 for the key and £120 to re program it, although
when I spoke to my sales guy he said don’t worry about the re programing he
would sort that out, so it probably depends on your relationship with the
dealership on how much it would cost. As it happens I found the key.

Hi thanks for the advice , I went to look at the car drove it and examined it ;I am going to purchase it as it is a one owner low mileage car and in my view a fantastic vehicle ,a big step forward on my 12 year old IS .I have not been able to get the price reduced but the price is fair and the dealer has agreed to supply another key at no cost to me ,but a cost to him of £340 ( including a £55 programming charge from the local dealer) I,m sure there will be discount and VAT to come off this .I have contacted my local dealer who has given me details of the lexus services carried out ,it has covered 21000 miles and the last service was a 4 year major service and it has 12 months MOT ,so there should be no problems .I just have one more question the car is fitted with 18 inch wheels with the tyre section of the rear tyres 255/40 the front 225/40 ;is this the standard fitting ? Thanks I,m just off to read the multimedia manual !! should collect it after Xmas .

Happy Xmas and all the very best for 2016

Dave

• 2 months later...

It's taken me until now to get a coat of wax on the car....I'm not idle, it just hasn't stopped persisting down !

It's a one owner with full service history at Lexus, Manchester and only 35k miles, August 2009.

I'm delighted with the car, Mrs ledzep loves it too (the car!).:wink3:

Anyway, here's a few pics.

DSC01020.JPG

DSC01021.JPG

DSC01023.JPG

DSC01024.JPG

DSC01025.JPG

DSC01026.JPG

• Like 1

Looks great ,worth the effort you put into the cleaning . The interior is uplifted in the light colour ( mine is black ) ,but I opted for the lighter exterior . We have had the monsoon season up here as well ! managed to get a trip in today with the hood down .

Dave

• Like 1

It looks great with the roof down....that'll be my next photographic project.

According to the "How Many Left" website, there are only 829  IS250Cs in the UK.  I've never seen another on the road, but I live in West Wales, it's mostly tractors around here. :laughing:

Pleased you like it. :smile: