Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've checked the forum and previous posts and it seems that it was discussed before, but desperately need help or sensible garage as I don't want to get ripped off by Lexus dealers

Hybrid System fault just appeared on the screen. Done some investigation:

When I drive around the Battery charges up

When stationary the Battery drops to low 2 but engine does not ignite.

Then if I go D and drive engine starts and it drives OK (no limp mode, still pulls like a train)

Could it be Battery current/voltage sensor? where to start?

Is there anybody in South East London, Kent, Essex who could help diagnosing the fault?

(chose to believe that Lexus is still the best car)

Thanks

I've checked the forum and previous posts and it seems that it was discussed before, but desperately need help or sensible garage as I don't want to get ripped off by Lexus dealers

Hybrid System fault just appeared on the screen. Done some investigation:

When I drive around the battery charges up

When stationary the battery drops to low 2 but engine does not ignite.

Then if I go D and drive engine starts and it drives OK (no limp mode, still pulls like a train)

Could it be battery current/voltage sensor? where to start?

Is there anybody in South East London, Kent, Essex who could help diagnosing the fault?

(chose to believe that Lexus is still the best car)

Thanks

Hi Extream

What are you driving, year, mileage, model? Voltage sensors for the hybrid are attached to the cells themselves. Have you any fault codes?

06 reg 155000 mileage. I guess it sounds about right time for the battery pack to fail. Just spoke to Richard from Northampton (guy who restores batteries and gives 12 months warranty) and he is pretty confident the battery pack is gone :(

Have you seen my step by step post on hybrid cell replacement? its usually just a cell that needs replacing as opposed to the entire Battery. I got out of it for under €50.

• Like 1