Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Connected Services Problem

Every time I try and use the Connected Services function I get as far as entering my Customer Portal user name and password, but it then fails, giving me an error message of "Connection not possible ID=214".

I'm using an Iphone 5S running iOS 9.1 and the phone pairs automatically when I start the car, so phone and music player are both working fine, but it just doesn't want to play with connected services. I'm running nav software version VC03101F, just in case this has any bearing on things?

Is anyone else suffering with this problem? More importantly, has anyone got any suggestions as to how I could resolve the issue?

Robert

First try removing the phone from the system completely and the phone, then reboot the system (hold down the power knob until it reboots), then re pair the phone again. This has worked with me in the past with this kind of issue - sometimes the system just decides to stop working.

If you can still login on the internet portal with the same login details, this usually works. If you can't, you may have to try registering again.

• 2 months later...

Hello A_K

Unfortunately I haven't - it is looking like Connected Services doesn't actually work with an Iphone.  To be fair I have had a number of responses from the Lexus Portal Customer Services team, who do seem to want to find a solution so I must give credit for that. They in turn are talking to the main technical team in Europe so I haven't yet given up hope.  I've tried everything both they and others on this forum have suggested but no joy.

I am still in dialogue with the Lexus team so if I do get a result I'll be sure to post it here so others can benefit.

Just for general information when I first ran into this problem I was using an Iphone 5.  I've recently upgraded to an Iphone 6, (not the 6s), running iOS 9.2.1 which apple released just this week.  I've tried all the options again tonight using Bluetooth, (which is the method Lexus recommend), but still get the same result - the phone says "Personal Hotspot: 1 Connection", but the car simply refuses to access the Internet, giving me an error code of (ID=00).  When I try to connect using Wi-Fi the car also refuses but gives a different error code: (ID=223).  Nobody at Lexus appears able, or willing, to tell me what these error codes actually mean so I'm none the wiser.

So, in summary, very frustrating being unable to use one of the functions sold with the car.

Regards - Robert

4 minutes ago, daylight1 said:

Hello A_K

Unfortunately I haven't - it is looking like Connected Services doesn't actually work with an iPhone.  To be fair I have had a number of responses from the Lexus Portal Customer Services team, who do seem to want to find a solution so I must give credit for that. They in turn are talking to the main technical team in Europe so I haven't yet given up hope.  I've tried everything both they and others on this forum have suggested but no joy.

I am still in dialogue with the Lexus team so if I do get a result I'll be sure to post it here so others can benefit.

Just for general information when I first ran into this problem I was using an iPhone 5.  I've recently upgraded to an iPhone 6, (not the 6s), running iOS 9.2.1 which Apple released just this week.  I've tried all the options again tonight using Bluetooth, (which is the method Lexus recommend), but still get the same result - the phone says "Personal Hotspot: 1 Connection", but the car simply refuses to access the Internet, giving me an error code of (ID=00).  When I try to connect using Wi-Fi the car also refuses but gives a different error code: (ID=223).  Nobody at Lexus appears able, or willing, to tell me what these error codes actually mean so I'm none the wiser.

So, in summary, very frustrating being unable to use one of the functions sold with the car.

Regards - Robert

Basically describes the issue I had. Lexus wouldn't connect me with the developers in Europe so I just gave up and created a brand new account which has now been working fine for a few months now without a single problem.

This has nothing to do with your phone being an Iphone. I had the same errors depending on on whether I used a Bluetooth or wifi hotspot connection, but also happened it I got the car to connect to my home wifi.

It is a backend issue and seemed to occur around the same time that the Toyota side of the system got updated.

Evening Colin and thanks for your reply.

I actually received the latest email from Lexus today telling me the tech team have reported that two accounts are registered to my car.  I certainly haven't created two so am now wondering if, as you say, my portal account has been corrupted in some way, which is why Connected Services is not working.  They've asked me for my details so they can delete the duplicate account, which they've suggested might fix the problem.  I'll be going through this with them tomorrow so will let you know if it resolves the problem - fingers well and truly crossed.

One other thing which I have established during the process is that the Lexus Customer Portal doesn't like or work well with IE11.  I tried unsuccessfully to download the free maps update using IE but then successfully managed to download it using Google Chrome.  The day after fixing my own problem I got an email from Customer Services advising they were aware that some people had experienced problems with IE11 so they didn't recommend using it.  But it obviously hadn't occurred to anyone at Lexus to say this on either their web site, or more importantly the Lexus Customer Portal web site :wallbash:

Cheers for now - Robert

My vehicle was also registered on the Toyota portal, as well as Lexus, because it provided more info on service history. This could well have been the problem for me.

Having said that there is documentation that states multiple accounts are supported and this was all working for me for months before I starting having problems, and it seemed to happen at the same time as the Toyota portal was upgraded to allow journeys to be created on the portal and sent to the vehicle (as you can with the Lexus portal).

IE (of any version) isn't very standards compliant, I'd never recommend using it. I know many companies that won't spend the time and money developing a site to support IE. Microsoft's Edge browser is much better but I'd always recommend using Firefox or Chrome.

Thanks again Colin

I take your point about IE and do know that Microsoft are only continuing to support version 11 because there are still a lot of customers, many of them businesses, that are still using it.  I'm quite sure that as soon as they feel enough users have migrated to Edge they will retire IE altogether.  I'm tending to use Chrome on my Windows 7 PC but will have to take the plunge and upgrade to Windows 10 whilst it's still a free upgrade.  Not sure of the exact timescale on that though.

Thx Rob,

I'm not able to log in after registering because the registration process just dies after personal info is entered. (not even on the PC on multiple browsers)

The worst thing is then I can't use the same email address or username because even though I can't log in (username not valid), I can register with the same username again...(username not available) - it's all so clunky.

Btw - how can one email the portal support people please? - the "contact us" advice just says log in and then email the support guys, which doesnt help if you can't even log in :(

In this day and age, one would think they'd make an app for all this shenanigans

In terms of your original =214 problem, ensure your Personal Hotspot is on (in settings - exactly where in settings depends on your model/latest update, but it should be alongside Bluetooth). This is shown to be working by a blue bar across the top of your Iphone.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 8:21 PM, Ian J. Parsley said:

In terms of your original =214 problem, ensure your Personal Hotspot is on (in settings - exactly where in settings depends on your model/latest update, but it should be alongside Bluetooth). This is shown to be working by a blue bar across the top of your iPhone.

Thanks Ian

Yes the Bluetooth on my Iphone is working fine and I get the blue bar across the top of the screen confirming Hotspot: 1 Connection, but the car is simply refusing to play.  I just get the error message of ID=00.

Robert

ID=00. I get that simply when I'm out of range of 3G/4G, or on one occasion when I wasn't actually signed in. Have you checked that, on the off chance?

Another thought - is your software updated?

This is do-able - I had all these problems but have been perfect for over a year now!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I've just found your discussions and it seems my problem is not new.

I opened a discussion here with few other info, because I have not seen your, so apologize for this, please mod, if you think uou can merge my discussion with this one for me us ok.

I hope this help, please if somebody has news about it let us know.

thanks in advance.

As I have wrote on the other post, I was experiencing also a problem with the wi-fi connection, or I think it was a problem because I can't connect to the home router.

This morning I have try to connect to the office router and it works well, the car automatically connect to the guest network, after having login with the password.

So the car can connect to the wi-fi router of the office.

Having now a stable connection via ADSL I have try again to login: but the access at the portal was not yet possible.

Just a question, here in Italy the access to the portal via web is made via the link "my Lexus" (see the picture) after login you will see some data of your car, anc you can perfro some task (poor to be honest) by the way: is this the same portal you have in UK? Any other in Europe have experienced this portal?

Thanks.

access_mylexus.jpg

Thanks Martin, I have a meeting next week with the dealer because I read that another member here has the multimedia system changed and it work flawless, so there's the possibility that somr new IS 2017 has hardware problems...

E I will show them my situation, then I try to login from my car with their Iphone and their accont, and as last try I ask them to let me login from another car: if I can login, it's obviously that there is a faulted multi media system...

I keep this thread update, have a good evening.

Just to update.

The meeting was cancelled as they said that we need to wait because Lexus Italy said they don't find problem at all with connecting services... 

By the way they want to investigate (taking time?) and let me know after some trials.

To be honest I am little disappointed with Italian custome rcare.

They don't reply to me, just said that to the dealer and he sai to me to wait.

Concerning to install a new multimedia they said is not a options as the problem 99,99% will not depend by a fault of Lexus system

I don't know what I have to think.

• 2 months later...

Hi Jan,

right now the problem was solved around 10th of July by Lexus, after my lawyer send them a letter (they did never reply any of my request of assistance, and the dealer avoid to take care of the problem for two months) the day after they receive they immediately activate an amount of multimedia system not registered on their portal, as seen there was many cases around Europe of faulty systems for the MY 2017 of IS, NX and also RX: so the problem was absolutely from Lexus and they never say it, a real shame.

About your problem, I think it can depend from the setting on your Iphone, have you set the "personal hot spot"?

Yes, to be clear: the Iphone is connected with the Personal Hotspot and Mobile Roaming turned on. It works in every sense - music (even from YouTube), Battery etc. 

What I do not get is the blue band to indicate it is tethering. I get this when connecting the phone (attached). 

IMG_0839.JPG