Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Connected Services Problem

28 minutes ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

Just to note also, if you are using iPhone you will need the actual settings page with Personal Hotspot open when you turn the car on. It's a bizarre quirk but in fairness that one is Apple's fault, not Lexus'!

Not once it is paired you don't - on Bluetooth anyway.

48 minutes ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

Just to note also, if you are using iPhone you will need the actual settings page with Personal Hotspot open when you turn the car on. It's a bizarre quirk but in fairness that one is Apple's fault, not Lexus'!

Iphone 7 here, works without doing this.

• 1 month later...

I'm baffled by this system on my new NX with Premium nav.

I've managed to set up both of my I-Phones (a 5SE and a 6) to make and receive calls via Bluetooth. I've also managed to register the navigation system on the MyLexus portal, and set up wi-fi using the hotspot on the phone. I can stream Spotify via Bluetooth, so something is working but it won't let me access the Apps area even though it confirms I'm online.

However, I'm unable to log into the Lexus portal from inside the car, the issue being similar to one earlier in this thread, i.e. the MyLexus user ID is my e-mail address and there doesn't seem to be any option to add either a full stop or an '@' symbol. I've looked everywhere on the portal and can't see another username anywhere, so I'm stuck.

I tried sending a test route to the car from my iPad and it says it's been received on the portal, but there's nothing in the system in the car as far as I can see. 

Also, should Google Street View be available on the Premium Nav? The manual says it should, but I can't find any sign of it on the in car menus.

Confused...

After a long battle with Lexus, and after my lawyer obtain a refund for they totally lack of any reply, action, support or help for more than two months, I learn the most  bigger problem is that they are so late to upload on the server the number of the nav system (four group of four numbers) in my case it need two months.

They upload exactly 24H after the letter of the lawyer.

Without their upload your system will not recognize, si even if (of course) your log in data are correct, your connection is refused.

How old is your car?

4 minutes ago, Zotto said:

Another issue is to have a compatible cell phone supporting DUN protocol. If it has not you can use (under Android) an app that creates the protocol, unluckily after test time you have to buy it on google market:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bluedun

I only use apple - no Android - with a Mac, iPad and two iPhones. I'd assumed that as iPhones seem to work for others on this thread that they are already compatible?

18 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

I only use Apple - no Android - with a Mac, iPad and two iPhones. I'd assumed that as iPhones seem to work for others on this thread that they are already compatible?

Do you have Personal Hotspot enabled on your Iphone when it connects via Bluetooth?

You mention above you have connected via Bluetooth and also Wi-fi hotspot? Is the car connected by Wi-fi or Bluetooth to the Iphone?? You should have one or the other not both. I’d suggest Bluetooth only, that’s what I’m running with Iphone 7 and it works fine. iOS 11.4 too.

8 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

My car is brand new. Everything works except the link to Connected...

So, I am almost sure that, if you have correctly connected the phone, correctly registered your car in the mylexus portal, and registered your nav system to the same portal, the problem is that they have not already upload your car nav system in their server in Bruxelles where somebody at Lexus told me they have the data center.

So the connection  will be refused.

In my case (and I read here many others) it can be solved sometimes in weeks, or two months like me.

I suggest push them about it, they for sure will tell is “your mistake, phone incompatibility, you don’t know how to pair” and so on.

But tell them that you know what is the problem of their slowness, tell them you buy a car with a service and should work perfectly.

They never admit they have not already done what they should be, but it’s time they improve their customer care.

Here in Italy it is at the lowest level ever.

I said that after four IS, two CT and 15 years of Lexus

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Steve44 said:

Do you have Personal Hotspot enabled on your iPhone when it connects via Bluetooth?

You mention above you have connected via bluetooth and also Wi-fi hotspot? Is the car connected by Wi-fi or Bluetooth to the iPhone?? You should have one or the other not both. I’d suggest Bluetooth only, that’s what I’m running with iPhone 7 and it works fine. iOS 11.4 too.

^^My two phones are connected using Bluetooth. I only connected using the wi-fi hotspot to see whether that would enable me to get online - it didn't so I turned it off again.

9 hours ago, Overland said:

So, I am almost sure that, if you have correctly connected the phone, correctly registered your car in the mylexus portal, and registered your nav system to the same portal, the problem is that they have not already upload your car nav system in their server in Bruxelles where somebody at Lexus told me they have the data center.

So the connection  will be refused.

In my case (and I read here many others) it can be solved sometimes in weeks, or two months like me.

I suggest push them about it, they for sure will tell is “your mistake, phone incompatibility, you don’t know how to pair” and so on.

But tell them that you know what is the problem of their slowness, tell them you buy a car with a service and should work perfectly.

They never admit they have not already done what they should be, but it’s time they improve their customer care.

Here in Italy it is at the lowest level ever.

I said that after four IS, two CT and 15 years of Lexus

^^ Sounds like this is the most likely issue. I've e-mailed the Lexus Multimedia team, and await a response.

Thanks all for your help. I'll update as and when (and if!) I get a resolution from Lexus.

• 2 weeks later...

Very pleased to report that the Lexus Multimedia team messaged me quickly, and once I'd sent them a couple of photos of my screen and menus they sent detailed instructions to resolve my problem while making sure my account was properly linked. Everything worked faultlessly, and I'm now fully linked up to my 'My Lexus' account in the car, and able to send navigation instructions to the car as well as downloading updates.

As an extra nice touch, they're going to send me hard copies of the detailed manuals in the post free of charge.

Really excellent service all round. Well done Lexus!