Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

102C Map Update

Hi guys, anyone successfully applied the map update that is currently on the portal to a Premium Nav model?? I followed the instructions provided with the update but the update does not auto start as it says it should do when you plug the USB stick in. The stick is formatted FAT32 and only has the 6 .KWI files on it. Any ideas?

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Haven't tried this yet. There does appear to be two different instructions, one just states put in the stick and it automatically works and the other states you should use the update function on the system - have you tried the latter?

Install-Guide-Lexus-SW-19+Aug+2015.pdf

Ahh!! Got a sneaky feeling it might be that it is because it is the same software that the dealer installed back in June (VD12102C) I.e. it is not seeing the files on the stick as new software. It would be interesting to see if it works for someone who does not have VD12102C installed.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

i cannot see how to download the file

i have clicked on the link for the free file

ticked the i agree t & c box

then what do i do ,

i am running firefox,do you need IE

hope someone can help me

i have just finished the update took 5 minutes to complete in the car

the old version was VC03100L

the new version is VD12102C

It will be interesting to see if all the speed cameras that you are used to being picked up still are. I have one locally which my IS300h, running older software picked up. My new NX, running the current software, doesn't give the tell tale 'beep beep' although the camera is still there. I'm not inclined to test whether it's still active though :msn-oh:

Can't believe it has taken them this long to put the 102C update on the portal. I've had it since June!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

It's the first one they have so let's be grateful for that - most of the time over the last couple of years the dealers haven't had a clue which version is the most unto date. Maybe this one was the big one that was supposed to kill all the bugs.

It will be interesting to see if all the speed cameras that you are used to being picked up still are. I have one locally which my IS300h, running older software picked up. My new NX, running the current software, doesn't give the tell tale 'beep beep' although the camera is still there. I'm not inclined to test whether it's still active though :msn-oh:

i have been past the couple of speed camera's (police xmas fund) on my way to work today and where notified of both of them

so the update so far seems to be ok.

i have been past the couple of speed camera's (police xmas fund) on my way to work today and where notified of both of them

so the update so far seems to be ok.

It wasn't that the camera warning wasn't working, it was that it doesn't pick up one particular camera that the older software did. Whether that means the camera is not active I don't know. Not going to test it either!

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

One of the worst things about ALL Lexus models is the ancient look of the graphics on the Sat Nav screens - my son's XE makes my IS's system look stone age in comparison. I thought Lexus may have made some improvements in the NX but unfortunately it looks just as bad as the rest.

As I understand it, it only improves two things: "Route Guidance and Traffic Information Optimisations", although of course, it's possible they've fixed other things along the way. As far as I can see, it's not a Map Update, and doesn't change the map or the speed camera database. I've found if you have the SatNav Voice set to Mute / Volume 0, you no longer get the "beep beep" warning of speed cameras, so that might explain your lack of beeps even though visible on the screen.