Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why I Joined

Mick1836

Several months ago my brother visited us in his Lexus GS 430, we only had a short journey in the car but we were hooked but spending long periods in Spain fancied a metal roofed convertable hence our search for a suitable SC 430 :) this once purchased will be our first Lexus.

Off to the SC430 thread now to ask a few questions.

• Like 2

I joined to benefit from the experience of members who have enjoyed the GS300 and have also found answers to the problems that may arise from a 14 year old - albeit that she bears her years well! So, excuse me if I try to 'pick your brains'.

• Like 2

I joined to benefit from the experience of members who have enjoyed the GS300 and have also found answers to the problems that may arise from a 14 year old - albeit that she bears her years well! So, excuse me if I try to 'pick your brains'.

Wow Ronnie, my brains information with regard to Lexus is zero, thats why I joined this forum. small_smiley_face.jpg

Hello Staff

Thank you for your welcome. Contributing to a forum is something unknown to me (old dog -new tricks) so bear with me please when I 'put my foot in it'.

There are two puzzling items that I would appreciate advice on. After a normal outing and 70 mile round trip - next morning I found the car would not start and the Battery voltage had dropped to 5.4V. I bought and fitted a new Battery, but the immobiliser light kept flashing and it would turn over but not start.The AA man found "main relay fault code in abs ecu. Cleared code Started OK". It seems a strange fault and I wondered if others could offer a reason for it.

Secondly, I find that having changed the Battery, the radio is only giving a carrier and no audio, now. The VIN is JT153JSG000159011 and I would be grateful to know if there should be a Code for the radio and if so how to enter it. The Lexus is the satnav model - no buttons to press!

Regards to all.

Hi Ron, not sure why you had an immobiliser issues after the failed Battery but it sounds like this is now resolved. The AA clearing the fault code shouldn't have made a difference - sometimes having the key in the ignition for several minutes will reactivate the key/immobiliser pairing so this may of happened and the clearing of fault codes was a coincidence.

If you disconnect the Battery then the radio presets will be lost. You should be able to manually tune to the desired station and add back the presets. There isn't a code to enter into the radio to activate it.

• Like 1

Hello Colin

It was kind of you to take on these puzzles so promptly. Regarding the radio - I was 'thrown' because the frequencies still showed against each preset although no audio. I have done a manual tune as you suggested and re-allocated the preset 'buttons'. All is now well, thankyou.

Regards