Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Xenon (a gas) is usually HID and LED is LED. There is no such thing as Xenon LED (alot of places uses the word Xenon to make people think this is a bright light).

In regards to your question (assuming this is headlights), you can install any 12v DC lights to your car and it will work with your wiring loom, the question is will it work effectively and will it fit the housing. I.e. aftermarket HIDs will work but the beam pattern maybe be crap and blind on-coming traffic, overheat and melt your headlight, poor quality bulbs/kit etc.

LED headlights are simple not bright enough to light up the road, LED side lights are fine.

Xenon (a gas) is usually HID and LED is LED. There is no such thing as Xenon LED (alot of places uses the word Xenon to make people think this is a bright light).

In regards to your question (assuming this is headlights), you can install any 12v DC lights to your car and it will work with your wiring loom, the question is will it work effectively and will it fit the housing. I.e. aftermarket HIDs will work but the beam pattern maybe be crap and blind on-coming traffic, overheat and melt your headlight, poor quality bulbs/kit etc.

LED headlights are simple not bright enough to light up the road, LED side lights are fine.

This is not true. LED headlights are readily available on cars nowadays including several Lexus models. Our RX450 has them and they are much brighter than the HID lights on our IS250.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Re the LED running strips - I can't see how they would work straight off on a car without the running lights - you would have to get power from somewhere (not difficult though). The wiring loom and ecu program settings are different for cars with standard LED strips from cars without. But you presumably have to dismantle the headlights (ie remove the glass from the shell) and reassemble (and in particular reseal) with the strips in place. Possible, but not a task to be undertaken lightly.

Re LED headlights - agree they are fine with oem fitted ones. But you can get LED bulbs to afterfit in ordinary headlight shells. They are completely and utterly useless. They look quite bright when you look from head on, but sitting in the car it seems as if they project hardly any light at all.

Why im asking the standard lights are leaking and its cheaper to replace with these than standard. The LED is instead of sidelight bulbs.

If i bought the Xenon model i would need the ds2 bulbs and holders. I am just needing somebody who has seen both headlight looms.

I have emailed the guy and he does both halogen and xenons. He does not know if looms are different. Obviously there must be

Something for Afs if fitted. But its not fitted to these light manual height adjust.

Ah I see - this is replacing the whole headlamp unit. Well, if you don't currently have LED strips (and your year doesn't) the wiring loom is definitely different - there's no wire in the current loom for driving the LEDs and no programming in the ecu to switch them on when the engine is running. They can only be plug and play in cars with LED running lights - and then why change?

The headlights should work OK - but do these include transformers/ballasts? - you'll need them if they don't for HID headlights.

Yes on video car does not have LED running lights, when they are replaced with these lights they work when you turn on the side lights.

If you buy the Xenon you have to use your own bulb and ballast. Which i could buy an after market one. Ballasts bulbs and holders.

Does that make sense john.

Ah yes - they're not really running lights then - just fancy side lights. What about parking - you'll be lit up like a Christmas tree when parked where you need side lights (ie not under a street light or where the speed limit is more than 30mph.)

Oh - I forgot - no-one parks with parking lights on anymore (for that is what 'sidelights' are!!!)

For the headlights - just like fitting an aftermarket HID kit then - in fact you might as well buy one of them as well as these lights.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links