Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Rx300 Mark 1 Owner - Issues/tips

Hi, as a new RX300 owner (51) I have a couple of questions about bits that are bugging me and wondered if anyone had any answers.

1. Sat Nav - This seems to be about 50 yards out!!! when I mark a POI it sometimes gives me the wrong road!!! - Any Ideas???

2. Door activated Interior Light - I have a roof mounted DVD in the back (instead of a light???) and I'm not sure I can get the front internal light to be activated when the doors open.

3. Fuel Consumption - There seems to be a couple of 'Sweet Spots' around 2.5K 2.75K revs, what's the best for MPG?

4. I also have a tow bar on it, is there a simple way of checking if the electric socket work.

5. OK now the hard one -Whats the 'Lock??? - can't remember what its called at the moment' switch for by the gearstick???

6. Any other hints and tips for a new owner - stuff that needs checking, etc.

This is my first own RX after 3 GS Mark 2's so be interesting to see what the response is!

Cheers

GUY#48

Hi, as a new RX300 owner (51) I have a couple of questions about bits that are bugging me and wondered if anyone had any answers.

1. Sat Nav - This seems to be about 50 yards out!!! when I mark a POI it sometimes gives me the wrong road!!! - Any Ideas???

A - Never had this with my mark 1????  Sometimes if you go on a long straight road it can go off but turning into another road seems to cure.

2. Door activated Interior Light - I have a roof mounted DVD in the back (instead of a light???) and I'm not sure I can get the front internal light to be activated when the doors open.

A - I was not able, only the back one lit up  :huh:

3. Fuel Consumption - There seems to be a couple of 'Sweet Spots' around 2.5K 2.75K revs, what's the best for MPG?

A - You can't, it's a 3 litre 4X4 - live with it!!!

4. I also have a tow bar on it, is there a simple way of checking if the electric socket work.

A - Plug something in to it - Sorry!

5. OK now the hard one -Whats the 'Lock??? - can't remember what its called at the moment' switch for by the gearstick???

A - If you press it it lets you move the shiflt leaver when the car it not running - say for example you wanted to tow the car and needed to put it in nutral

6. Any other hints and tips for a new owner - stuff that needs checking, etc.

A - Mine ran like a babe for the year that I had it - Only one word of warning - dont test drive the mark 2 if you want to hold on to your bank balance!!!

This is my first own RX after 3 GS Mark 2's so be interesting to see what the response is!

A - Enjoy it!!

Cheers

GUY#48

:huh:

Cheers for that, I was waiting for the plug something into it as well :D

First tank of fuel £51 for 360 miles taking it careful so over 14p a mile is that the same other people are getting? :duh:

Had one of the new RX's for a bit as a long car and it was ok :winky: but have also test driven a Cheynne Turbo which at £100K for a decent one is a bit expensive!!!! but very very nice B)

Cheers