Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Forum Look

Fargo

Great new look, its just like the Gold forum now,,

However i have one suggestion.

On the old style public forum, when youclicked on View New Posts, you will see all the latest posts in descending order.

Now you only can see the last posts that have had something added to the thread.

Personally i like to see all the posts over the last day or so as sometimes i will add something to an older post as and when i suddenly coem over all inspirational.

And also you get visibilty of older threads that may need bumping up, without having to search for the thread..

It just makes the club look busier by seeing the last days or so's threads..

in short i would like to see a 'View Active Topics' at the top of the page, over than being haing to go to the home page then clicking the viewe topics button..

Ya get me...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I miss the "Today's Active Topics" which was at the top of every screen before. Now it is only on the Main page. This is how I used to navigate the stuff....

But I am willing to adapt...

Cheers, and the new forum looks are stunning :thumbsup:

RX-Men-8

yep thats right Ian, but that no good when say for example you reply to a thread, then want to go back and see the active topics.. that means go to home page then UK forums then active topics..

have i said the new look is great ;)

New look is pants mate......

It takes a bit getting used to....but I think with the new additions it very good.

Also, I do miss not seeing the Location field below the avatar when someone posts on a thread. Although not everyone filled in this bit, I still found it useful.

My experience is that no one likes change unless it's for the better. This looks good and quite slick, but in my opinion there was nothing wrong with the old one.

HOWEVER - There is too much space taken up with the top half of the screen. Nearly half of the screen is used up with the header bar and images, a massive space between that and the nav bar with the union jack and loads of space either side of the links to Lexus Owners Club -> Site Suggestions -> Add a suggestion -> New Forum Look. If this was changed then it would result in much lessa scrolling being required.

Keep up the good work though ;)

Whats the saying........the US gets a sneeze and we get a cold !!!

And yeah the font is to small.....

And yeah it should be compulsory to fill in your location when joining...

And when updating your "sig" is there a preview post button coz i cant find it?

if u open the gold forums in a window next to this forum this one looks so dated its unreal, im sorry guys but i really dont like it, the header looks out of sync as its the only colour on the page with the exception of avatars and sigs. dont know wots going on with the fonts either, its times new roman in the my assistant window.

if u open the gold forums in a window next to this forum this one looks so dated its unreal

the two forums are identical versions of the software

it may be the same software but the look and feel of both is totally different

I like change but only when it is for the better :(

Sorry but this is totally pants.

• font too small
  • too much stuff around what you want to read
  • colours not easy to the eye
  • focus is away from the post, more what surrounds it

Hope you got a backup this time :)

Whats the saying........the US gets a sneeze and we get a cold !!!

And yeah the font is to small.....

And yeah it should be compulsory to fill in your location when joining...

And when updating your "sig" is there a preview post button coz i cant find it?

please go home and take a "stop being a miserable git" pill Pete

First of all thank you for taking the time to improve the forum and I think we all appreciate the trouble and effort you all go to make our 2nd home a better place to spend time at. ;)

I do have some neutral feedback and its almost the same as Steve (West Mids) so I'll just rate them 1-3.

1)colours not easy to the eye

2)font too small

3)too much stuff around what you want to read

But please all those involved in the enhancements please do not take this as grumpy, ungreatful or a moan. I applaud your efforts to make our experience on here a better one and look forward to being a member of the best 'owners club' website. B)

Thank you.

Mark.

yep thats right Ian, but that no good when say for example you reply to a thread, then want to go back and see the active topics.. that means go to home page then UK forums then active topics..

have i said the new look is great ;)

i agree mate,it is slower to go from say messages and back to todays posts,i couldnt do it at first ;)

would've been nice if we could've seen the new look and feel on a test site first to let us give you our feedback. it's not grown on me at all, a step backwards IMO.

mate.. we cannot please everyone here. otherwise the forums would be 256 colours.

How can forums go back but the colour they are?

Also please remember... we have not finished yet!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links