Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I started having this message intermittantly coming and going along with warning triangle. It now occurs nearly every time after about 3 miles driving, although it could also be time related. Turning off ignition then back on will cancel for another 3 miles, and then up it pops again. No fault codes are listed on Techstream and I have tried a reset command with no results. Cannot afford to take to Lexus so will have to play around myself. Would appreciate any advice from anyone who has experienced similar and found the cause, alternativly any way to disable the system. Rather suspect it may be an expensive ecu problem. Have cleaned badge and radar unit to no effect. Thanks for reading.

• 1 month later...

Guessing from symptoms that the distance control ecu is the most likely suspect from what I have read. Anyone have any idea of location in RHD cars, can only find LHD examples and they are possible not in the same place. Strange not showing any fault codes though.

Usually it appears a warning, but I wrote it because the 1st time I saw the maleficent triangle light on my GS, frightening me, it was for that reason :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Turned out after all to be the radar head unit, had a small hole, water got in and corroded the waveguide. Still no good after strip down and clean. Hope someone can help with alignment question. I have ordered a working unit from a scrapper but all the info I can find on alignment is from US sites. They state that sensor should be set slightly left of centre, which makes sense for LHD vehicles. My question is, should it be the other direction for RHD or is this correct for all vehicles. Also it states left half of sensor should be covered with foil to reset system, other sites say right hand, anyone any clues on this. Thanks for reading, any advice appreciated.

ofcentre

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links