Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just arrived back in UK after 74 days away in Spain.

450h started first time after being fed by a solar powered charger. Took it out yesterday for short drive and everything was fine.

Today I motored from Wirral to Toddington and on the M6 I heard approx 10 "pops" which sounded just like bubblewrap popping. I stopped and checked eveything but could find nothing wrong, so I proceeded on my journey. I THEN NOTICED THAT AIR CON HAD STOPPED WORKING AS HAD ALL AUDIO SOUNDS INC SAT NAV.

I phoned Lexus Milton Keynes from my destination and they asked me to take the car to them for examination. After lunch I set out to take the car to them and noticed that all was working again!

Seems that everything had been re-set. Any ideas anyone?

Regards

John

Just arrived back in UK after 74 days away in Spain.

450h started first time after being fed by a solar powered charger. Took it out yesterday for short drive and everything was fine.

Today I motored from Wirral to Toddington and on the M6 I heard approx 10 "pops" which sounded just like bubblewrap popping. I stopped and checked eveything but could find nothing wrong, so I proceeded on my journey. I THEN NOTICED THAT AIR CON HAD STOPPED WORKING AS HAD ALL AUDIO SOUNDS INC SAT NAV.

I phoned Lexus Milton Keynes from my destination and they asked me to take the car to them for examination. After lunch I set out to take the car to them and noticed that all was working again!

Seems that everything had been re-set. Any ideas anyone?

Regards

John

on the LS forum a weak Battery is known to do weird and unexplainable things - i would start by getting the 12v Battery tested

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome back John! All I can think of is as Mark says above, to get the 12v battery checked. Let's hope it is a one off

Michael

Many thanks Michael.Can`t say I am delighted to be back as weather is not a patch on what I have left behind! But I cannot live in Spain all year!

GS 450h has been perfect since the minor mishap. Lexus Chester suggested that it might (the popping noise) have been a faulty amplifier and asked me to contact them again should it recur.

Regards

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links