Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reverse Camera

Hi

Ive had my rx300 2 weeks now, and so far am pleased with it.

I've managed to reset the sunroof and window switches with help from the handbook and on here, however whenever the reverse camera comes on it displays the message 'system not ready'.

I've tried the reset as explained in the handbook but this makes no difference.

Can anyone tell me if i am doing something wrong or is there a fault somewhere?

I should mention that a new Battery was fitted to the car just before I collected it.

Dave

There is something not quite right. From an owner's point of view there is nothing you can do, or nothing you need to do just because the Battery was changed.

There is a hidden service menu that may help, but you could also makes things worse if you aren't careful. Look 3/4 down the page on the following link for the video - you need to press the display button and then you press the screen in the top left/bottom left corners three times to bring up the menu.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/89511-hidden-service-menu/

:hohoho: Thanks for that .. Will have a look tomorrow

However if it's not an easy fix then I'll just live with it as it is ..... Not sure it's something I would use much anyway!!

What!....you never reverse :hohoho: :hehe::lol:

Yes I reverse ... Use mirrors don't rely on a camera !!! :whistling:

Managed to find the hidden menu, Pressing the 'reverse camera' icon it shows 'NG' then 'OK' when put into reverse.

I assume there's no more I can do?

Tried the reset as explained in the handbook .. Makes no difference.

It does show a picture .. Just no guide lines and 'system not ready' message across the centre of the screen!

Is this the procedure you tried?

1) Make sure headlights are fully off

2) Turn on the engine

3) Press & Hold the INFO button on the NAV unit

4) Switch the parking lights on & off 3 times

5) Release the INFO button and you should be in the diagnostics menu

Once you are in there, there is the section that lets you adjust and calibrate the camera

Just had a look at my IS250. When looking at the screen there are two buttons on the touchscreen, one in each bottom corner, these allow me to toggle the yellow, green and red lines on or off, or different combinations.

I would imaging you have tried this if its a similar set-up on your screen?

Just been to check ..... There are no buttons or icons showing on the screen.

Did the reset as described in the handbook ... ie.. Turn steering lock to lock and drive a short distance.

*****, I've been reading the manuals, what an information overload:lol:

This is a bit of a stab in the dark, but, do you have the "park assist sensors" turned on using the satellite switch, I'm wondering if that made a difference to what is shown on the screen.

It's too cold to leave my log fire and find out, hahaha.

• Like 1

Don't have park sensors fitted.

Have been in the diagnostics menu but cant find anything that will allow any adjustments to the reverse camera!

As I said earlier, its not a big issue, it's just that if something is there I like it to work as it should!

• 5 years later...

Many years after this thread last stopped, people are still having this problem.

I had the same problem this week (sometimes the system wouldn't work, sometimes there were only a few haphazard guide lines) so for anyone else who comes across this thread, I fixed it by disconnecting the 12v Battery and reconnecting it.

Essentially the old "have you tried turning it off and on again" trick.

I suspect it was connected to me getting a new Battery installed a few weeks earlier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1