Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh no !!

After 2 x months delightful ownership today was the day that it happened.......

Yes my unique Ultra Blue F Sport that I've driven round in with looks of pure envy from some German car drivers (erm I was one of them) was today matched at Leicester Forest East (Northbound) by it's twin pulling up behind me at the pumps !

A quick chat with it's owner "damn your the first identical one I've seen" was followed with - The car is fantastic and a total joy.

We both set off with smiles on our faces - watch this space for how long until I see another one !

I've been looking at the Premier, as I like my toys and my current car has most of the options on the Lexus.

I do like the look of the F-Sport better from the outside but I'm not a fan of the black interior or black head lining - I like the lighter leather/Interior (no kids now to mess it up!).

I'm off tonight to a Manager Sales Event at a Lexus garage nearby where they are offering "Special" prices and they have a choice of 5 Premiers for me to choose from all arriving next month. Sonic White, Black, Blue, Sonic Titanium and a Red one actually in the showroom already all with Pan roof and ivory interiors.

• Like 1

I've been looking at the Premier, as I like my toys and my current car has most of the options on the Lexus.

I do like the look of the F-Sport better from the outside but I'm not a fan of the black interior or black head lining - I like the lighter leather/Interior (no kids now to mess it up!).

I'm off tonight to a Manager Sales Event at a Lexus garage nearby where they are offering "Special" prices and they have a choice of 5 Premiers for me to choose from all arriving next month. Sonic White, Black, Blue, Sonic Titanium and a Red one actually in the showroom already all with Pan roof and ivory interiors.

Very exciting!

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Well still not seen one - it's a nice feeling :-)

I'm just wondering if anybody else out there has the wireless charge facility - I've got a Samsung S5 phone and it appears not to be compatible - anybody advice on what bit of kit I need to buy to make it work ?

mobilefun.co.uk is where we got a wireless cover for our iPhone 5 and it worked perfectly.Just checked and they do one for your phone for £29.99.

Hope this helps.

So the Qi sits between the phone and the case, with only the lightning connector showing, and presumably permanently inserted into the slot? Is it a faff to then use the standard lightning connector when at home etc? For the relatively few occasions I'm in the car long enough to make charging worthwhile I'm not sure it's worth it. At the mo I just use one of the usb connectors. On the other hand, I like using all the features if the car!

Ours was just a Qi enabled case that the phone sits into and lays on top of the charger.

If you wanted to plug the standard lightning connector into the Iphone, would you first have to remove the case to reveal the charging slot? What I'm trying to understand is how versatile this is, reviews I've read have implied that you can't use the standard charging cable (or a desktop cradle for example) without somehow fiddling about with the Qi adapter/case.

What I'm trying to get at is that although the Qi strip/adapter sits behind the case back it must connect into the Lightning charge slot at the base of the phone. If you then want to charge via a cable you have to disconnect the Qi bit. I just wonder how durable the strip is and whether connecting and disconnecting it will weaken it. Hardly a big deal but just interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought a charger that plugs into the lightning connector on my Iphone, the charging pad sticks onto the back of my phone then I put the normal case on. I also bought a plug in charging ring so I can charge it at home without having to unplug the pad which is a nuisance. So my phone can just be put onto the charging tray in the car or on the charging ring at home. The only down side to all this is that it takes longer to charge up, it also can get quite hot, I also forget to remove the phone from the tray when I leave the car sometimes. Dohhhhh.

The NX is still very rare. I have only seen two on the road, one is local (satin silver), so I see it 2-3 times a week, the other (mercury grey) was on the motorway last week.

I'm still a little lost - have e-mailed mobile fun to ask them what I need. But I thought all I need is some form of new case that has some form of charging strip in it that I can then just place on the Qi charger in the car (no wires ???). And then when at home just plug in as normal ? Anybody got a specific link to guide me on what I require - Samsung S5 is phone.

Thats exactly what we did we bought a Qi case that fits over your original phone case and just sits on the charger in the car, we only used it on longer journeys.Then we would just leave the case in the car.Simples.

The only cases I have seen all come with a bit you need to plug into the lightening connector. apple do a case like that, but it is only available in the USA and is quite expensive at about £80. So, as far as I know all types need to be plugged in, there is no other way of remotely charging an apple phone, or any phone unless it says it can be charged remotely. Buying what I bought is only about £15, so it is not a lot to try it out.

I'm still a little lost - have e-mailed mobile fun to ask them what I need. But I thought all I need is some form of new case that has some form of charging strip in it that I can then just place on the Qi charger in the car (no wires ???). And then when at home just plug in as normal ? Anybody got a specific link to guide me on what I require - Samsung S5 is phone.

I understand why you are scratching your head. The Iphone doesn't remotely charge like some other makes of phones that have the Qi technology built in. For those you would just lay the phone on the charger in the car and job done.

With the Iphone you can buy a case which the Iphone sits in, and at the bottom of the case is the bit that goes into the Lightning slot. That's fine but means you can't charge the phone using the cable unless you take the phone out of the case.

Or, you buy the adapter which sits in between the phone and the standard case of you choice. With this option there is a bit that will come out at the bottom of the case that you plug into the Lightning slot. Then pop the phone on the charger in the car and it will start charging. That's ok if you don't mind having to remove the end of the adapter from the slot every time you want to charge the phone using the cable or clock radio or cradle etc. I'm not sure how durable the adapter ends are, or how practical e.g. are they long enough to come out of the slot but still leave room for the phone to be placed into to cradle or clock radio etc?

Some of the Battery extender cases (useful for heavy users of iPhones!) allow the phone to be attached to the standard cable etc without removing the case, but I've not seen a Qi case that does that.

Id say the QI charger is only really useful for people who have a QI charge enabled phone from factory. It takes longer to charge with the strips and adapters and its much easier to just keep a spare charging wire plugged into the second USB port and just use that

The adapter ends are not durable, I have ruined one already in just a few weeks. Mostly, you cannot just pull them in and out as there is not enough cable, if there was it would flap about somewhat. The only answer is to use it and leave it plugged in the lightening slot all the time and use it in conjunction with a home charger pad. As I mentioned before, I found it quite slow to charge and also the phone became quite hot. Not ideal, but I have another charger pad on order so will have another go. You would have thought that an apple would have thought of this.

Id say the QI charger is only really useful for people who have a QI charge enabled phone from factory. It takes longer to charge with the strips and adapters and its much easier to just keep a spare charging wire plugged into the second USB port and just use that

That's exactly what I do now, and it works perfectly well. I just wondered if there was a way to use the car charging pad but it seems not.

Going back to the rarity part, for the first year when we had are NX we only spotted five but in the last week alone i have spotted seven so they have taken sometime to trickle through but are finally becoming more popular.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links