Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Underrun

Hi popped over from the Nx forum as have now changed to a 2014 RX450H advance in satin silver.Heres a few pics.

DSC00794.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

Fitted lexus mud flaps straight away and will get some roof rails in time,I do like the underruns but was wandering if you can fit the front one with the advance bumper lip?

it also has a detachable lexus tow bar fitted and i'm glad i didn't pay for that.

Hope you like my pics.

Hi looks good I have under runs on mine however if you put an under run on the rear it covers where the detachable tow bar goes. So you have to remove to get to the slot for the draw bar to go through and for the electric socket. Unless you cut out a slot. Let us know what you do as I have just covered mine at present it is a Lexus tow bar.

Enjoy your time with the car. I bought my mudflaps on line and fitted them myself very easy to fit and do make a difference.

Thanks for the comments.

Hello looks like a nice car . Has it got the panoramic roof ? when I sat in one in the showroom, the roof seems lower than my RX400, is that the case in yours?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It has the electric opening roof fitted.

Looking good.

The under run from other versions won't fit on the front. You have to get the F Sport under run for it to fit. The rear under runs are all the same however

Thanks for that rayaans i had a feeling that was the case,only ever seen the normal ones for sale though.

Hi looks good I have under runs on mine however if you put an under run on the rear it covers where the detachable tow bar goes. So you have to remove to get to the slot for the draw bar to go through and for the electric socket. Unless you cut out a slot. Let us know what you do as I have just covered mine at present it is a Lexus tow bar.
Enjoy your time with the car. I bought my mudflaps on line and fitted them myself very easy to fit and do make a difference.

I have seen one with the rear underrun cut out for the tow bar access and it looked fine.keeping my eye out for some reasonably priced ones.

I like the mud flaps - did you fit them yourself?

Yes they are quite simple to fix on.

Just something I saw from the pictures - take a look at the front calipers - they look pretty bad. Ive got 34k on mine and they're still silver.

I had noticed that,its going back in next week for a full service and a couple of chips on the door which all should have been done before pick up.

Thanks for the comments.

Hello looks like a nice car . Has it got the panoramic roof ? when I sat in one in the showroom, the roof seems lower than my RX400, is that the case in yours?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It has the electric opening roof fitted.

Looking good.

The under run from other versions won't fit on the front. You have to get the F Sport under run for it to fit. The rear under runs are all the same however

Thanks for that rayaans i had a feeling that was the case,only ever seen the normal ones for sale though.

I have seen one with the rear underrun cut out for the tow bar access and it looked fine.keeping my eye out for some reasonably priced ones.

I like the mud flaps - did you fit them yourself?

Yes they are quite simple to fix on.

Just something I saw from the pictures - take a look at the front calipers - they look pretty bad. Ive got 34k on mine and they're still silver.

I had noticed that,its going back in next week for a full service and a couple of chips on the door which all should have been done before pick up.

Yep, get them to change the calipers out whilst they're at it, or atleast give them a good paint job.

Yes the panoramic roof eats into the headroom. I wanted a car with panoramic roof, but was forced to change my mind by two very vocal (and tall!) teenagers!

• 2 weeks later...

Back from its service today and all the callipers and hubs have been painted up and door chips sorted as best as possible on a silver car.Also got them to set the roof and windows to open/close from the key fob.All done so happy now.

If you look at the rear underrun on this RX you will see the cut out for the tow bar,but it could have been done neater imho.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-Lexus-RX-450h-3-5-Luxury-4x4-5dr-/311470718581?hash=item488519fe75:g:~pgAAOSw~bFWM6Za

• 1 month later...

Enjoy your time with the car. I bought my mudflaps on line and fitted them myself very easy to fit and do make a difference

Fitted the rear under run last weekend i decided to cut a slot out for the tow bar which took ages as i wanted it to look right,but i am happy with the result.

i will get a pic up when i can.Don't think i will bother with the front under run as it has to be the one that fits on the sport model which i am yet to see on any sport in this country.

i keep getting told by Lexus parts that the regular under run fits my 2014 Advance model but i know that isn't so.

Just some roof rails to get at the right price and that will be about it i think.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links