Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Silly Thought? Maybe!

Dim Tim

I love the keyless entry system. With key in pocket, walk up to car and simply open it. Brill.

Now,

Arrive home, keys are still in the pocket of my jeans. I have my hands full enough to make it impossible to dig deep into my pocket to take out my keys and unlock the door.

If only the Lexus keyless entry could extend to my home, I could simply push the hande down with my elbow ...

But ,

No, I have to empty at least one of my hands to extricate the keys, open the door, pick everything back up off the floor. And then the wind blows and the door shuts again. Put everything down ...

Anyone out there smart enough to build a unit for the house door that can be trained to use the Lexus keyfob ?

Stop laughing, I can dream can't I?

There are a few locks out there that can work via Bluetooth low energy or NFC so they will unlock with your mobile phone when you get very close, and they allow you to unlock the door remotely via an app to let somebody in if they don't have a key. Most of these are in the US - not sure if they comply with the UK standards that insurance companies will insist on.

I just pip the horn 4 times and dutiful wifey comes out and opens the front and garage door for me! Handy when it is raining!

I chuckled at this though in my situation, it would be far quicker and easier if i did it myself lol

I just pip the horn 4 times and dutiful wifey comes out and opens the front and garage door for me! Handy when it is raining!

I chuckled at this though in my situation, it would be far quicker and easier if i did it myself lol

If I have lots of shopping to come in I just ring her indoors from the incar phone let it ring once or twice and out comes my dearest to give me a hand. Mike.