Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rim Protection From Kerb

jackcramerr

Hi

I have just fitted a set of Wolfram assassins with tyres on my is 220 sport, been on for three days and not kerbed them yet, the rear tyres do overhang the rims slightly but the fronts are flush. think I will just have to park a foot out from the kerb from now on.

Martin

Hello jack,

Just fitted my fronts with Dunlop SP RT's. They all have MFS by default (or at least majority), which meant to protect the rim from kerbing, however from my experience there are hardly any tyres which does that. Definitely, not Dunlops - previous I have Dunlop SP's (not RT, TT or GT) with rim protection, it helps maybe on very gentle hits when parking slowly, but if bus gone wild (happens about twice a week to me) in narrow London's street and you made choice to "kerb" instead of writing-off you car to the bus... no rim protections wouldn't help.

As I said, had a tires with quite pronounced "lip" and still got my rims "kerbed", lips got even "chewed" in places.

Option 2 - drive super carefully and slow...