Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Would These Go On To A 2002 Lexus Is200?

Markb31

Hello everyone, new to the site and new to owning a Lexus - hoping I can pick your brains and gain some advice on new alloys & Tyers.

Story goes - I bought a Lexus yesterday but the previous owner has put 245 Tyers on the original Lexus alloys so it's pulling everywhere like a bag of crap. I believe the Tyers should be 215,

I'm after a new set of wheels but though I could possibly pick up new alloys and Tyers for the price of replacing the 4 Tyers. The original alloys are a mess tbh so I guess I'm killing 2 birds with one stone.

So the questions really is as I'm not a great experienced car person what is your advice in my situation.

I've found a set of alloys and wheels but not sure if the will fit and whether I can go minus the recommended tyer size?

These are 205/40/17 - would these go on to my Lexus?

Thanks in advance!

Markb

post-54721-0-05458100-1448797334_thumb.j

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

It's not just the tyre size that's important, the wheel size is OK at 17" but they have to have a stud pattern of 5 x 114.3 PCD to fit the Lexus hubs.

The wheels appear to be multifit types so may be OK but then you have to consider the offset (how far they stick in and out) and the centre bore of the wheels ( the size of the hole in the middle of the wheels as you may need suitable spigots).

All this information should be stamped somewhere on the back of the wheels.

Also Lexus OEM wheels use straight sleeved wheel nuts and aftermarket tend to use tapered wheel nuts, these are not interchangeable so you would need the correct type.

Also if the original wheels where 16" you may have to inform your insurance company as this could be considered as a modification, failing to do so could leave you with invalid insurance cover.

Interesting point about the invalidity of the insurance, Steve. I recently added some tasteful sign writing to my gs450h. I dutifully informed my insurance company. They said that they wouldn't cover me under any circumstances and that I wasn't covered until I managed to get it off! How can a small amount of wording be interpreted as a modification?

The exhaust is on the way out and a stainless steel system seemed the way to go. I informed the insurance company. You guessed. They wouldn't cover me as it was a modification. The insurance was coming up for renewal so I planned to shop around telling potential insurers that I was going to fit a stainless exhaust. Of course the first company approached accepted me with open arms.

I'd be interested to know from members. What do they consider a modification and what do they consider a judicious improvement?

Cheers Steve - so I can't just take off my wheels if they line up, centre bore fits and add these on using the same bolts I take out?

I can't drive the car as is its shockingly bad, I didn't think it would be that bad tbh I test drive it local but soon as I done the deal and drive home on the motorway it was pulling left & right from the back - guessing because it's rear wheel drive?

Anyone local to Widnes Cheshire selling a set of alloys with wheels that will fit my is200 I'm interested.

I think my alloys are actually 18"

The offset of these alloys above are 38 I think - seller give me this info.....

7.0 x 17h2

O 38

P77038

What this means I have no clue but I'm guessing the o is offset?

Any advice - can I put 17" on even though I have 18" this wouldn't make a difference would it?

Many thanks

Offset at 38 is OK, rim width is 7" and 17" diameter so fine, bolts holes looked tapers so get the correct wheel nuts to suit.

Just make sure the hole in the middle of the wheels is at least 60.1 mm (bore) or they won't fit on the Lexus hubs.

Brilliant - thanks steve

One last thing mate could you point me In the right direction of where I could get 20 (full set) of nuts from? Guessing i just need the same threaded pattern & length but tapered head?

Cheers.

Would Halfords have such sets?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links