Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone, I have 2015 NX300H which I picked up brand new 6 weeks a go as a replacement for my 450h. I didn't like it for the first 2 hours but now I absolutely love it. I have one huge problem When using the hands free I can hear everyone loud and clear but no one can hear me when I'm speaking. I've been back to the Lexus garage where they checked all the software and said that its all up to date. They virtually admitted that this wasn't the first time that they have come across this problem (Iphone 6) but they don't have a solution as yet. This is not overly helpful as my car is also my office. Has anyone else suffered this problem and has anyone come up with a temporary or permanent solution. Thanks advice.

My Iphone 6 works perfectly and I think the dealer is fobbing you off. Sounds to me like a problem with the mic, and I'd go back to the dealer if I were you. What didn't you like about the car for the first two hours?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks David. I use Lexus in Hedge End and as its the third Lexus I have from them I cant see them risking the relationship for the sake of a mic but of course you never know. My previous car was the RX450H. The NX felt quite claustrophobic to start with and the engine is much smaller so it has to work harder. I positively hated the radio set up, although I'm now beginning to work it out. My biggest bug bear is the fact that the windscreen takes a long time to clear where as the RX was almost instant. There is naturally less storage compartments as the car is smaller. Now I've got the hang of it all I love the fact that the car is smaller and much easier to drive and park around town. Its incredibly comfortable and more economical. I wouldn't go back but I do wish the de-mister was better and as to the phone......

Best wishes Andrew

Thanks David. I use Lexus in Hedge End and as its the third Lexus I have from them I cant see them risking the relationship for the sake of a mic but of course you never know. My previous car was the RX450H. The NX felt quite claustrophobic to start with and the engine is much smaller so it has to work harder. I positively hated the radio set up, although I'm now beginning to work it out. My biggest bug bear is the fact that the windscreen takes a long time to clear where as the RX was almost instant. There is naturally less storage compartments as the car is smaller. Now I've got the hang of it all I love the fact that the car is smaller and much easier to drive and park around town. Its incredibly comfortable and more economical. I wouldn't go back but I do wish the de-mister was better and as to the phone......

Best wishes Andrew

I don't think I've really had to use the demister yet but I'll compare it to my previous IS300h at some point I'm sure. As far as the phone is concerned, have you tried pairing a different phone to the car and using that, thus eliminating the mic as the problem?

Yes I've tried that David. Lexus are absolutely certain that its not the mic but the software. Maybe I need to discuss the situation with an external auto communications guy and see what he makes of it. Cant believe you haven't used the demister I have to keep mine on virtually permanently to keep the screen clear.

Seems like a stupid question to ask if you are running the most current software, but even then the previous versions didn't seem to have this problem. Dropping the Bluetooth connection yes, but not total verbal blackout. Very strange indeed.

As far as the demister is concerned, I have the air con on, and on auto with temp set at 20 and that's it, nothing else to do. If it's icy (once or twice so far) I press the max button on the dash and then once it clears back to auto. Never have any misting up problems at all.

I'm not being much help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar problem with my other car... a Peugeot.

I can hear people perfectly, but they can only hear me very faintly if at all. I have been back to the dealer several times (it's a new car), and they have tested the system with other phones... without any problem.

All they could suggest is some Bluetooth software incompatibility.

Mine is a Sony Z4... which incidentally works perfectly in my Lexus.

One thing the dealer pointed out, is that you must turn the volume up on the phone as well as on the car system. They also showed me that, on occasion, when pairing up, the volume on the phone gets turned down automatically.

Also, I found out through this or the IS forum that some systems allow the caller to change the transmission volume. I believe you can do this on the NX, although I am not 100% sure.

BTW, I know Lexus Hedge End well as they are my local dealer. I find them very reliable and genuine and trust their advice.

• Like 1

HI all

Thought I'd reply on this topic rather than start a new thread. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and the phone works really well via blue tooth and I can also make it a wifi hot spot and gain access to street view on my Prem Nav system (NX300 F Sport - 3 months old). Now the problem (that it's just been in to the dealer with......and they cannot sort). I cannot view my texts or e-mails - when I click "messages" the system freezes and then goes blank / reboots itself and the screen icons have all moved around. Now the issue I have had is that for about 2 weeks everything was working fine (not from new took about a month before it finally worked) and now it just will not work. Anybody else having issues / have you resolved as the dealer is stuck and has said all he can do is contact Lexus Technical

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/12/2015 at 1:23 PM, Sparks16 said:

HI all

Thought I'd reply on this topic rather than start a new thread. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and the phone works really well via blue tooth and I can also make it a wifi hot spot and gain access to street view on my Prem Nav system (NX300 F Sport - 3 months old). Now the problem (that it's just been in to the dealer with......and they cannot sort). I cannot view my texts or e-mails - when I click "messages" the system freezes and then goes blank / reboots itself and the screen icons have all moved around. Now the issue I have had is that for about 2 weeks everything was working fine (not from new took about a month before it finally worked) and now it just will not work. Anybody else having issues / have you resolved as the dealer is stuck and has said all he can do is contact Lexus Technical

Try keeping your texts and emails to a minumum on your phone, no more than 30 conversations or threads as you can imagine trying to download lots of messages  may cause the system to freeze, try turning off  'OK google' on your phone too. as for the poor blue tooth sound quality mentioned earlier in this post try turning down the transmit volume to -5 on the headunit which I think is page 433 in the manual.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I've got the CT200H which my company purchased in March 2017 so 17 plate.  I can hear people perfectly fine and clear but I constantly get remarks that they can't hear me very well at all and can hear a lot of road noise, any suggestions please? I have an Iphone 6s