Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need A Front Page Expert

Fargo

Right then, so im having a crack at my own website,

i got 4 thumbnail pictures on one page,

i have all 4 fullsize pictures on another page.

i want to be able to click on a thumbnail on one page and have this take me to the matching picture on the other page, so for example the first thumbnail will take me to the first picture at the top of the page, the second thumbnail will take me to the picture below that, the third to the one below and the forth picture to the picture at the bottom of the page.

ive just learned to use anchor bookmarks but i can only get this to work for items on the same page, not for items on different pages..

i need help pleeease..

Erm... you should be able to type in the 2nd page address as the destination when you click on the initial thumbnail and include the anchor as well so that it goes directly to the photo of your choosing.

I don't see why this wouldn't work but not having used Frontpage before, I'm not too sure.

Look at this page for more info:

link

If I remenber correctly you need to click on you thumbnail to highlight it then on your toolbar the is a hypalink button if you click this it should ask if you want to hypalink to a url or a page within your website and you should have a dropdown box where you can select the page you want..

craig

Hope this work but its been a while and I now use publisher

In frontpage you do not need to create a page for the full size pictures.

What you can do is use the auto thumbnail option, to use this you put your full size picture on a page them ctrl-t or use the menu tools - auto thumbnail and your full size picture will be reduced to a thumbnail with a link to the full size picture. You have some control over the size and appearance of the thumnail under tools - page options.

Hope this helps!!

I was just saying the same thing as I was scrolling down! But you beat me to it Jim!

The other way to do it is to go to, 'Insert' then 'Picture' then 'New Photo Gallery'. This can be a very quick way to upload lots of shots.

I uploaded nearly 100 photos from our New year party to my Front Page website last week. From camera to site it only took a couple of hours! That included re-sizing, adjusting brightness/contrast and naming each shot in Front Page!

Hope this helps

Steve

In frontpage you do not need to create a page for the full size pictures.

What you can do is use the auto thumbnail option, to use this you put your full size picture on a page them ctrl-t or use the menu tools - auto thumbnail and your full size picture will be reduced to a thumbnail with a link to the full size picture. You have some control over the size and appearance of the thumnail under tools - page options.

Hope this helps!!

that did the trick, thanks...