Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You Just Can't Not Fit These For £15.99

Bought some aluminium foot pedals on E Bay for my Lexus. Came from Hong Kong in 2 weeks and at £15.99 with free postage I thought just can't not fit them. Simply to fit they transform the foot well area I think. Drilling the metal foot brake pedal took the most time about 30 mins.

Click on photo to see all 3 pieces, for some reason the accelerator pedal appears chopped off the image but if you click on it, it expands not sure why it's done that.

Steve

post-54363-0-39111200-1449939268_thumb.j

• Like 1

they do look very smart but for me personally its a no no - because when I think about messing with important controls like that paranoia sets it and i have visions of something going wrong.

have you got the front bumper sorted yet?

Hi Mark, understand what you are saying. I worked all my life in the motor trade so adapting stuff never really worried me even if it is an accelerator and brake pedal in this instance. The original plastic accelerator pedal is still in place and the new metal one simple secures with 3 self tapping screws so no actual interference of it's operation. The brake pedal required four 3mm holes drilling in the original metal pedal once the rubber cover was removed. The aluminium pedal is shaped to conform with the shape of the original pedal and the four 3mm nuts and bolts hold it very securely. Obviously the foot rest doesn't do anything other than allows my foot to rest on it.

I had the front bumper re painted for a second time at no cost other than the original invoice I paid. Removing and refitting the bumper for a second time was much quicker because I knew exactly what to undo. The paint match was much better and was worth another attempt at colour matching.

The last area of paint I'm doing is the 6 body mouldings. These were fitted as a sub assembly at the factory and were painted elsewhere within Lexus because of the way the chrome strip is secured to the body of the moulding. Heat is used to fuse the chrome strip to the moulding. Plastic mouldings which share the body colour cannot be high baked in the factory's paint ovens due to the much higher temperature the steel body shell is baked at. As a consequence it is not unusual for coloured plastic parts to be slightly off colour even when brand new. My car is Sienna Red but the body mouldings are a darker version of Sienna Red and are the original items fitted over 8 years ago. The side mouldings can be removed very quickly and will be re painted to match the body colour.

Thanks for the interest Mark

Mark, I have the 460 and the E Bay advert wasn't for the 460, it mainly referred to the GS range but if your accelerator pedal is the same as the 460 then it will still fit and the brake pedal will be a standard carry over from the 430 I'm sure. The foot rest also just sits over the existing foot rest of the 460. I used double sided car badge tape and cut down the bolts to give the impression they were bolted to the floor.

Steve

Mark the actual seller is a firm called autoalliance who is clearly an E Bay seller so if you can't see them using E Bay type autoalliance into Google and his own website will pop up.

Steve

I have had a problem with a MOT inspector over these type of foot pedal additions ,in that they do not provide a adequate non slip surface it was not on my Lexus but on a classic mini and he insisted I replace them with rubber before he would give me the ticket.

You're right Mark, the individual small rubber nodules protrude through the aluminium plate by an eighth of an inch. The aluminium plates are also at least an eighth of an inch thick. I've driven 50 miles today and no issues at all, plenty of feel and grip, no slipping. Moreover the original plastic accelerator pedal which is still in place on my car was quite smooth and there was more chance of your foot slipping on that one if wet than this aluminium version.

The previous owner's size 10's had rubbed through the carpet immediately to the left of the original foot rest. We've all seen that before when the car gets on a bit. I cut a piece of virgin carpet from under a rear interior sill kick plate trim and patched the bald area today. Just another little tidy up completed.

Each to his/her own, I respect anybody who might have a different view on the Lexus none genuine pedals. Bear in mind Lexus have fitted their own aluminium pedals to the latest LS460 F Sport with rubber nodules too.

• 2 weeks later...

No increase in premium by fitting these sort of cosmetic enhancements. I worked as an Insurance Assessor/Manager for the largest private motor insurer in the UK and we were only ever interested in:

1. Cars which were made to look like something else, e.g an ordinary BMW 3 series that someone turns into a BMW M3 look a like, why? higher risk for theft if the thief thinks they are stealing a genuine M3 but causes damage to the car in the theft of it.

2. Un declared engine, braking, exhaust, suspension mods and engine's being chipped above and beyond the standard horsepower, outrageous audio systems worth more than the car sometimes when there is no limit to audio values.

3. Body kits that cost the earth to repair or replace in the event of a claim.

All the above were often only discovered after a claim was made which resulted in the car being examined and then checked for any mods being declared before we took the car on.

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links