Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Virgin

Never had any major issues with rattles until about the last 3 months when the roof lining on the passenger side developed a creak - I had the massive glass roof - it was frustrating but nothing else joined in with it.....

Tbh - I test drove the NX back to back with my Evoque and thought that it would be a bag of nails in comparison but was surprised at how quiet the Evoque was once I got back in it - it had the old 2.2 rather than the new ingenium 2.0 which is supposed to be really smooth - I did have a Disco sport as a loan car and the difference between the same 2.2 engines was amazing - the disco rattled like fook and you would have put it at a 20 year old diesel!

Never had any major issues with rattles until about the last 3 months when the roof lining on the passenger side developed a creak - I had the massive glass roof - it was frustrating but nothing else joined in with it.....

I have the same creak, only when the roof is open and at lower speeds on certain road surfaces. Minor and not mentioned by any passengers, but I know it's there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen the F Pace in person. Fat and bulbous comes to mind. It doesn't looks great in person apart from the rear. And the NX interior quality blows it away. The NX has a very good interior for the price. I'm also concerned that an F Pace costs a lot of money when it's at the same spec as an Nx premier

Nice looking car, I expect it drives well too, but when I specked one up to match what I have on my NX it was £10k more!

Yes and it doesn't feel it. It's EXACTLY the same interior as the XE which may pip the IS but certainly can't match the NX for quality let alone something like the new RX

Over 2000 miles in and still enjoying life in the NX with mpg averaging out at 37 which looks like what a lot of you guys seem to get.

One major niggle still is the info system - for instance, if you have had the mpg bar graph going on the centre screen and then go on the phone, it doesn't revert back to that screen when you finish the call and exit phone - unless I'm missing pushing the right buttons - but then I'm accused of that by the good lady so nothing new there then......however I do like the way the digital radio fades out when losing the reception rather than the chopping sound you get with most systems in other cars.

Found another annoying little thing that happens sometimes - stop, turn off, open drivers door and get out and go to get something off the back seat and the back door is still locked - much swearing follows as go back to drivers door to press release button and also bent back finger nails on handle! Grrrrrrr....

Found another annoying little thing that happens sometimes - stop, turn off, open drivers door and get out and go to get something off the back seat and the back door is still locked - much swearing follows as go back to drivers door to press release button and also bent back finger nails on handle! Grrrrrrr....

That's in the settings somewhere surely. I do that every day and the back door is always unlocked. I think page 656 in the manual shows you how to customise it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yh thats probably in the settings - I leave my bag in the footwell behind the drivers seat and I always open rear door.

Id assume it says something like "unlock all doors when put into park" or "unlock all doors upon power off" or something. Im sure theres a setting for "Unlock all doors when driver door opens" or something

Mine is put to "unlock all doors when in park" which is great!

Setting shows driver door unlock but it sometimes works and other times doesn't - set up unlock on shift to P so that should resolve that issue....

I think the driver door unlock is for opening the car if I recall correctly. As in open just drivers door or all doors.

Anyway yes, with open upon P it'll work perfectly

You can change how the car locks in the setting somewhere, it's quite easy to do, even for me. I did it a while back because I found that often the boot would not open when I wanted it too. I changed the settings so it opens all the time now.

I have changed the setting now to work on P anyway but what I meant to say, which may have not come over very well, was that it sporadically opened all the doors when opening the drivers door and sometimes didnt leading to the frustration.....

• 2 weeks later...

Right - latest update - now over 4100 miles in and still loving the experience - the speed that the heated seats go from brr cold to bloody hell its burning me nuts off is brilliant, the only thing I miss from my evoque is the heated steering wheel which was a £50 option on any model spec rather than a model specific standard item on the NX - very disappointed at that.....quietness and serenity still rule - regularly do 250-300 mile trips in the day and I get out still refreshed and without my head buzzing - it's great that you don't have to turn the radio up when you are on the motorway and blast your head off to hear anything. Surprised at how easily I can spin up the wheels now that I have got used to driving it a little more aggressively when setting off - better check I don't rinse the tyres too quickly! Also love the way the Windows slow up as they raise or lower - a little thing I know but it adds to the feel good factor. 

• Like 1

Remembered one thing that is a little annoying/idiosyncratic in that the way the parcel shelf both mounts, pulls back into its slots rather than forward as is per on other cars, and the way it leaves a gap to show what's in your boot when the seats aren't fully reclined - don't get that one at all........

5 hours ago, Nelsthebass said:

Remembered one thing that is a little annoying/idiosyncratic in that the way the parcel shelf both mounts, pulls back into its slots rather than forward as is per on other cars, and the way it leaves a gap to show what's in your boot when the seats aren't fully reclined - don't get that one at all........

I think lexus have realised that the roller one is a PITA for rattles if it's not closed. The slider ones don't open when you open the boot either. The 2004 RX had a slider one that opened when the boot did but apparently the idea was shunned as people ripped/damaged them when it opened and caught something 

I suppose if the seat backs were flush against the parcel shelf when upright they wouldn't be able to recline.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 8:45 AM, DJP said:

I suppose if the seat backs were flush against the parcel shelf when upright they wouldn't be able to recline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but the RX has flappy things that fill the gap between the parcel shelf casing and the back of the seats. They allow you to recline the seats all the way the shelf casing, and when you want to fold the rear seats, the flaps just unclip by themselves. I am surprised Lexus did not fit a similar solution to the NX, as it seems a pretty cheap set up.
Oh... and it's brilliant for storing golf type umbrellas!!! :-)

On 02/01/2016 at 5:49 AM, rayaans said:

I've seen the F Pace in person. Fat and bulbous comes to mind. It doesn't looks great in person apart from the rear. And the NX interior quality blows it away. The NX has a very good interior for the price. I'm also concerned that an F Pace costs a lot of money when it's at the same spec as an Nx premier

I'm very tempted to trade in my IS for the F Pace. I don't think the price comparison is that much different when you factor in that sat nav is standard in the Jag and that it really is an RX rival rather than an NX. The 2.0 litre R Sport comes in at around £40k but I'm sure discounts will be fairly easy to come by in a short space of time. My son got more than 4k off an XE not long after they had been launched.

I also think that the interior of the F Pace looks more than a match for the NX and the sat nav/entertainment package looks so much more inviting than the blocky display in the Lexus. 

2 hours ago, Wicksy said:

I'm very tempted to trade in my IS for the F Pace. I don't think the price comparison is that much different when you factor in that sat nav is standard in the Jag and that it really is an RX rival rather than an NX. The 2.0 litre R Sport comes in at around £40k but I'm sure discounts will be fairly easy to come by in a short space of time. My son got more than 4k off an XE not long after they had been launched.

I also think that the interior of the F Pace looks more than a match for the NX and the sat nav/entertainment package looks so much more inviting than the blocky display in the Lexus. 

Its not a competitor for the RX though. Its bigger than an Evoque but smaller than the RR Sport. The new RX is similiar size to the RR Sport. The RX has a better quality interior and arguably looks better. Not a fan of the crap position Jaguar tend to put their sat navs in either and I wouldnt really be surprised if it broke down within the first year. Im 6 ft 1 and sitting behind myself is pretty cramped. I can sit in my current RX without any issues and in the new RX with tonnes of space left over.

The interior quality isn't great to be honest. Jaguar are still using hollow plastics and poor padding where the arms go. Having sat in the new RX and Volvo XC90, its hard to go for Jaguar's interior compared to them.

Individuals' priorities will differ, but to me a major problem with the F-Pace is that the affordable variants are all powered by diesel engines. Even the new Euro 6 standards for diesels allow NOx emissions of 80mg/km (NX300h = 6mg/km). My sense is that within a few years we'll start to view diesel in the same way we now do leaded petrol.  The link with local air quality issues is now much clearer post dieselgate, as this recent article by Damian Carrington indicates http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/feb/05/the-truth-about-londons-air-pollution 

JLR seem to be taking ages to bring petrol hybrid drivetrains to the marketplace, and in the next few years as concern about particulates mounts, and tax structures start to penalise diesels, their sales are likely to suffer.

11 hours ago, Martin J said:

Individuals' priorities will differ, but to me a major problem with the F-Pace is that the affordable variants are all powered by diesel engines. Even the new Euro 6 standards for diesels allow NOx emissions of 80mg/km (NX300h = 6mg/km). My sense is that within a few years we'll start to view diesel in the same way we now do leaded petrol.  The link with local air quality issues is now much clearer post dieselgate, as this recent article by Damian Carrington indicates http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/feb/05/the-truth-about-londons-air-pollution 

JLR seem to be taking ages to bring petrol hybrid drivetrains to the marketplace, and in the next few years as concern about particulates mounts, and tax structures start to penalise diesels, their sales are likely to suffer.

I agree, they need a 2.0l petrol in their line up and the ingenium one, not the unit from Ford that they are using in the XE.

I still can't get over the front end of the XE though. It looks horrendous compared to the rest of the car.

Back on topic.....I always find that you get to appreciate the designers skill when you wash a car and get to run your hand over the panel work - you get to discover so much more of the creases and lines in the bodywork when washing by hand - what I really like is the panel that the fuel flap sits in and it's almost horizontal position and the bulge of the wheel arch - very satisfying. Strangely, one of the nicest cars to wash was my old mans MK1 Laguna which had a lovely smooth outline..........However, one poor design foible on the NX is that I have found that the rear door seals on the trailing edge of the door don't half collect crap in them!

17 hours ago, Nelsthebass said:

Back on topic.....I always find that you get to appreciate the designers skill when you wash a car and get to run your hand over the panel work - you get to discover so much more of the creases and lines in the bodywork when washing by hand - what I really like is the panel that the fuel flap sits in and it's almost horizontal position and the bulge of the wheel arch - very satisfying. Strangely, one of the nicest cars to wash was my old mans MK1 Laguna which had a lovely smooth outline..........However, one poor design foible on the NX is that I have found that the rear door seals on the trailing edge of the door don't half collect crap in them!

Yup, it is always a right mess, I have to clean it off regularly. It must be a design fault as I have never had that in a car before. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links