Recommended Posts

Latest up-date - over 8000 miles on the clock now and still running like a dream - last two fill ups have been 45 and 44mpg and included a good chunk of motorway driving!  A couple of minor niggles - last few cars I have had automatically turn the rear wiper on in reverse if the wipers are working and I can't see that the NX does this and on the drivers side of the windscreen I seem to get a band of poorly wiped area right in my eyeline and no matter what I do to clean the windscreen and blades always seems to be there....grrr!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nelsthebass said:

on the drivers side of the windscreen I seem to get a band of poorly wiped area right in my eyeline and no matter what I do to clean the windscreen and blades always seems to be there....grrr!

I get that too, it is annoying. I have bought some Rain-X to see if that helps, but have yet to try it. 

Your MPG is very good, I barely get above 35! but most of my journeys are of short duration right now. When I go further I am still well below 40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having had a very good crawl over the f pace at the Geneva Motor Show , there were two stand out problems that put me and my wife off . Firstly the space in the back seats is ruined by the transmission tunnel . No room for 3 adults in the back and if you try putting three children in there they will be kicking the air con unit to pieces that is mounted just where their feet will be straddling the tunnel. 

Secondly the plastics are cheap . I'm a Subaru owner,  so I should know ! And in general the finish is disappointing,  especially where they hope you won't look eg beneath the boot floor  where the space saver wheel would be is a polystyrene tray Ikea would be embarrassed to put their name too! 

Real shame, as I really wanted to like it ! The Nx had the best drivers seat of anything I sat in ( along with a very smart bmw 335 d X drive but they were of course optional extra " individual leather" ) 

 2016 rx spoiled by lack of  boot space . 

So test driving the nx 's and 2014 rx soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jamesinchamonix said:

Having had a very good crawl over the f pace at the Geneva Motor Show , there were two stand out problems that put me and my wife off . Firstly the space in the back seats is ruined by the transmission tunnel . No room for 3 adults in the back and if you try putting three children in there they will be kicking the air con unit to pieces that is mounted just where their feet will be straddling the tunnel. 

Secondly the plastics are cheap . I'm a Subaru owner,  so I should know ! And in general the finish is disappointing,  especially where they hope you won't look eg beneath the boot floor  where the space saver wheel would be is a polystyrene tray Ikea would be embarrassed to put their name too! 

Real shame, as I really wanted to like it ! The Nx had the best drivers seat of anything I sat in ( along with a very smart bmw 335 d X drive but they were of course optional extra " individual leather" ) 

 2016 rx spoiled by lack of  boot space . 

So test driving the nx 's and 2014 rx soon.

16 RX bootspace is actually bigger than the NX's and same size as the 2014 RX though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rx 16 453 L

Nx 475L

Nx France 550L ( hence my confusion perhaps ! They must measure it differently )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jamesinchamonix said:

Rx 16 453 L

Nx 475L

Nx France 550L ( hence my confusion perhaps ! They must measure it differently )

Lexus have used a new way of measuring the RX boot i.e everything under the cover. They dont count whats above it for some reason. 

You probably won't notice 22l though, its not a huge amount really and you have to be stuffing the car to the gills with stuff for it to count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 11:12 PM, jamesinchamonix said:

Rx 16 453 L

Nx 475L

Nx France 550L ( hence my confusion perhaps ! They must measure it differently )

I would not pay too much attention to these capacity measurements, especially with a difference of around 20L.

Shape and access are far more important as they will have a direct impact on useability: You can have a 500L boot that is less useable than a 350L one because of - for example - intrusion of the wheel arches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2016 at 8:15 PM, Goggy said:

I get that too, it is annoying. I have bought some Rain-X to see if that helps, but have yet to try it. 

Your MPG is very good, I barely get above 35! but most of my journeys are of short duration right now. When I go further I am still well below 40.

 

On 3/11/2016 at 5:58 PM, Nelsthebass said:

Latest up-date - over 8000 miles on the clock now and still running like a dream - last two fill ups have been 45 and 44mpg and included a good chunk of motorway driving!  A couple of minor niggles - last few cars I have had automatically turn the rear wiper on in reverse if the wipers are working and I can't see that the NX does this and on the drivers side of the windscreen I seem to get a band of poorly wiped area right in my eyeline and no matter what I do to clean the windscreen and blades always seems to be there....grrr!

I had this issue on my RX with the blade not clearing a section right in front of my eyeline

I took the refill out and inserted it the other way around and it fixed it. Might be worth a go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest update - first 10,000 mile service by Lexus Stoke, friendly lot, NX as a loan car too, nothing major to do - just the usual rattle on the rear number plate, now sorted and a replacement wiper blade hopefully will stop the smear across my eyeline.

So, what's the first 10,000 miles and 3.5 months been like - well mpg has been acceptable for a 2.5L petrol at 38.6 for the period, the drive remains serene, apart from when nailing it, but nothing as loud as a diesel would be, and surprisingly sprightly for a bulky heavyweight, especially in Sport setting. The challenge of driving on ev is sometimes beyond even my feather foot but for a lot of the time I can manage to spend a fair amount of time with the little ev light illuminated and massively improves the overall mpg.

The ride, whilst firm, is nowhere near as harsh as the trade reviews say, certainly not as firm as my Evoque was and it smooths over most road surfaces with aplomb. I am now getting to grip with the slightly false steering feel, certainly not as direct as the Evoque, but body roll is well controlled and the handling is exemplary. The seats, on my poverty spec SE being cloth, are superb and ever so comfortable for long 300mile + journeys, and certainly much cooler than leather on the few warm days that we have had.

The interior is fantastic and I love getting into it every morning and running my hands over the tactile surfaces - especially the steering wheels and the gear shift.

All in all, very pleased with my choice......

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest update - just completed 20,000 miles and another service by Lexus Stoke - again everything fine - although I get an annoying thrum sometimes from the climate control which they couldn't find as it is intermittent and didn't play up today - tbh, it seems to be when it's sunny and hot which it was anything but today.....

mpg is slowly increasing with long term tank to tank average rising above 39.5 and last few fill ups have all been above 40.

The rest of the experience continues to be all good with no major squeaks or rattles, front tyres still have a few thousand miles left in them, rears barely worn at all (to be fair, I got 100,000 out of the rears on my Evoque!) and it has enough room to get all my bass and pa gear in more easily than the Evoque as the load bay is longer with the seats down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update, always good to hear nothing going wrong!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nelsthebass said:

Latest update - just completed 20,000 miles and another service by Lexus Stoke - again everything fine - although I get an annoying thrum sometimes from the climate control which they couldn't find as it is intermittent and didn't play up today - tbh, it seems to be when it's sunny and hot which it was anything but today.....

mpg is slowly increasing with long term tank to tank average rising above 39.5 and last few fill ups have all been above 40.

The rest of the experience continues to be all good with no major squeaks or rattles, front tyres still have a few thousand miles left in them, rears barely worn at all (to be fair, I got 100,000 out of the rears on my Evoque!) and it has enough room to get all my bass and pa gear in more easily than the Evoque as the load bay is longer with the seats down.

The RX ran 26k on front tyres so I'd expect around that much for the NX too. 

I changed the rears out at the same time though, they had about 4.5mm on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11 July 2016 at 11:03 PM, rayaans said:

The RX ran 26k on front tyres so I'd expect around that much for the NX too. 

I changed the rears out at the same time though, they had about 4.5mm on them. 

Good to know. My Mondeo chewed through tyres - replaced the fronts every 15k or so!! at £150 a corner for middle of the road tyres, it got very expensive!!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.