Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear View Camera Guidelines Not Working

Hi Everyone

Just recently my guidelines failed on my rear view camera. The camera itself works perfectly I still get some green lines but no red lines and I've never had yellow lines. The message on the screen says system faulty or some such.

Does anyone have any ideas?

My vehicle is an RX300 from 2003 series 2 I think.

Hi it's Murphybear again

I noticed on Sunday gone that the lines had reappeared. We'd been out for some time and the car had thoroughly warmed up.

The reversing camera is on all the time but you only see the view when reversing. So it was back Sunday night but it was gone again today. The message is " system malfunction" and it also said today "steering wheel turned too far".

I think it is damp affecting the circuitry which would account for the brief reappearance Sunday night. It might be worthwhile warming the camera with something like a hairdryer to see if that cures the fault.

Don't overdo the hairdryer if you try this.

Murphybear

Hi Murphy,

That's an interesting post.

Might be worth popping the tailgate cover off (as if changing a bulb) to see if there is any condensation trapped in there, causing poor electrical connections on the camera plug and socket and control unit (it's responsible for your 'steering wheel turned too far" message)...

A little cleaning with a cotton bud and di-electric grease (or Vaseline at a push) may get rid off the problem...

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Could you please clarify what you mean by the comment above as I don't understand the context?

Probably meant 'And????? What happened? What was the outcome and/or eventual fix?'

That's how I read it anyway.

• 6 months later...
On 05/11/2016 at 5:25 PM, sorcerer said:

Probably meant 'And????? What happened? What was the outcome and/or eventual fix?'

That's how I read it anyway.

That is exactly what I meant, find it very annoying to find a thread that touches on a problem I have and then it just ends with no conclusion, was the problem fixed? what fixed it? or did it just disappear as sometimes happens.

Tonyd

• 3 years later...

I have a 2014 RX350 with navigation.  Does the rear view camera have the guiding lines displayed?  My wife drives it and thinks they disappeared.  I don't know if it ever had these lines?  Of course the Owners Manual  does not show a picture of it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, James Rado said:

I have a 2014 RX350 with navigation.  Does the rear view camera have the guiding lines displayed?  My wife drives it and thinks they disappeared.  I don't know if it ever had these lines?  Of course the Owners Manual  does not show a picture of it.

Are there not 2 manuals James ?