Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Early Ls400 Brake Discs

malcolmdc

Was slightly concerned last week, when my Mk1 1991 LS400 was with my Garage man for rear brake shoes and discs. His normal parts suppliers, even after phoning around, couldn't supply the correct 291mm discs, and only after much trawling around fleabay was I able to obtain some, albeit too late for the job to be completed on the day. Has anyone else experienced this, and might it be a cautionary tale for the future?

Perhaps aftermarket production has ceased due to lack of demand, what is surprising is that it is sometimes worth phoning Lexus dealers more so those who sell parts on eBay as they can have older parts left on the shelf and to get rid of them offer heavy discounts.

Yep - had tried Lexus for end-of-line discounts, but they had neither stock, nor a bargain price! However, that very scenario with an aftermarket supplier got me a pair of rear discs for £29.50 delivered! They Might be made of cheese-like material but they look ok to me! Have a Good Christmas.

• 1 year later...

As a postscript to the above - nearly 2 years on they have proved to be absolutely fine, cross-drilling better than standard fit. bearing that in mind, I have just fitted grooved and crossdrilled front discs and they are a considerable improvement on the old ones. The discs and pads were about 150 quid from the U.S.of A. via fleabay. And the old girl sailed through yet another MoT with no hint of problems.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links