Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quick Question...

What is your understanding of how the valet key system works?

The valet key system, from memory, allows you to place items in the "glovebox" for security.

You separate the key from the fob, lock your valuables in the glovebox, give the fob to the valet to drive the car away. You keep the key. He then has no access to the glovebox. Simples.

Nothing to do with the boot as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

What is your understanding of how the valet key system works?

The valet key system, from memory, allows you to place items in the "glovebox" for security.

You separate the key from the fob, lock your valuables in the glovebox, give the fob to the valet to drive the car away. You keep the key. He then has no access to the glovebox. Simples.

Nothing to do with the boot as far as I'm aware.

'Tis true.

It all relates to the Glove Box...

:geek:

The valet key does not lock or unlock the glove box,it does not also lock or unlock the boot,you can use the master key to lock the boot so that the boot release lever won't open it when pulled,put simply if you lock the glove box and boot with the master key, whoever you give your valet key to has no access to your glove box or boot.Hope this helps

• Like 1

Ah - so if you manually lock the boot, the inner release doesn't work! Now I understand. What was confusing was that the remote on the master key opens the boot even when it's manually locked - which I wasn't expecting.

I can't quite work out why the valet key doesn't work the glove box or boot - is it just because the central bit is slightly thicker?