Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Installing Unichip in IS200 (Auto)

John Lee

Hi,

i am new to this forum, pardon me if my question(s) sound ignorant :)

Have any of the forumers installed the Unichips in their IS200(Auto)?

If so, what's the power gain interms of power(kn or bhp) and torque (lb/ft or NM)?

Any problem arising from installing unichip, e.g. engine stalled when moving without stepping accelerator?

[Edited on 26-2-2002 by John Lee]

Hi John,

It is nice to know that you are from Singapore.

I am from Singapore too and on this coming Sat, 2/3/02 we are having a IS200/Altezza group meeting at Kallang Macdonald carpark at 10am. If you are free, come down & join us. Would also appreciate if you could provide me your e-mail so that we can update you regarding our meeting in Singapore.

Cheers

Derek

HP: 98507180

John, so far in Singapore I have not heard anyone using the unichip on a stock IS200. I have a friend is trying the unichip on his turbo Altezza. Chip tunning will give only a slight improvment on the HP, maybe abt 10HP & below. I felt that you should go for stage one upgrade like better suspension, anti-roll & lower arm bar, brake lines & pad etc.

Hi John,

It is nice to know that you are from Singapore.

I am from Singapore too and on this coming Sat, 2/3/02 we are having a IS200/Altezza group meeting at Kallang Macdonald carpark at 10am. If you are free, come down & join us. ........

thanks for the invitation! too bad that i need to work on saturday morning :(

anyway, what time will u guys stay up to @ Kallang?

I know a guy in Sydney that has unichip in his auto. The first tune was bad so he too it to another tuner. Overall with exhaust and airfilter 10kw extra was obtained.

hi TRD328,

did your friend change the whole exhaust system (including the cat. converter) or only the muffle box?

will u be able to get from him his unichip connection layout on the car ECU? did he suffer any intermittent engine stall after the installation of ECU when moving in slow speed without stepping on the accelerator?

i install an unichip on my is200, i have to say i made a bad choice......... the car ecu is just relearning it self over riding the igintion timing.

i am experiencing stalling when i brake or when i am in shopping centre carpark.

do u experience the same thing?

i install an unichip on my is200, i have to say i made a bad choice......... the car ecu is just relearning it self over riding the igintion timing.

i am experiencing stalling when i brake or when i am in shopping centre carpark.

do u experience the same thing?

hi asinn,

yup, those were the problems i have faced previously. Engine stalled pretty frequently (few times a day) ..very frustrating.

After spending much time with my tuner testing out different settings in the Unichip pregram, it was felt that the problem may not be caused by tunning.

We suspect that drawing power supply from those cables in the ECU box may induce interference somewhere that caused the engine to stall. The power supply to the Unichip in my car is now connected directly from the car Battery and the !@#@# engine stalling problem was SIGNIFICANTLY reduced to once a month so far. I am not sure whehter this is due to the IS200 ECU relearning or something else. However, the new connection was only done in late Dec 2001, i will need a few more months to confirm the results.

I believe that there have to be successful Unichp installations in the UK and Australia...

Comments? :)

[Edited on 1-3-2002 by John Lee]

thax alot for ur advice, but have you rung up unichip in uk telling them your problem? my tunner said he couldn't find whats the problem,

i have installed a digital rev speed meter on my car, and i found at ideal the car is running around 560rpm and when it reach 520rpm sometime, it just stall. so i might go tell the tunner to increase my ideal rev or something.

anyway do u mind giving me ur email? my email is asinn@optushome.com.au

pls keep in contact on this issue

hi asinn,

i am residing in Singapore :)

My tuner had received advice from a UK tuner on the circuit configuration but that was based on the GS300 engine. No point asking the South African Unichip manufacturer becos the boss told me that the 1G-FE engine was not available there, thus they can't help.

i tot the ideal idling rpm for IS200 is about 650rpm ?

cheers :)

hi asinn,

i am residing in Singapore :)

My tuner had received advice from a UK tuner on the circuit configuration but that was based on the GS300 engine. No point asking the South African Unichip manufacturer becos the boss told me that the 1G-FE engine was not available there, thus they can't help.

cheers :)

Who ever told you that the is200 in south africa doesnt use the 1g-fe engine is talking S**T!!! i was there not long ago and it was in the car i saw and all the info is on their web site.

www.lexus.co.za

robbie.

today i went back to the orginal tuner, he adjusted the ecu, he said there is a setting in the ecu for idel sensitivity, he change to the highest setting.

the car seems fine........ but it did stall once in car park with aircon on.... i am goin to disconnect the Battery tonight hoping everything will be fine tmr

today i went back to the orginal tuner, he adjusted the ecu, he said there is a setting in the ecu for idel sensitivity, he change to the highest setting.

the car seems fine........ but it did stall once in car park with aircon on.... i am goin to disconnect the battery tonight hoping everything will be fine tmr

what's this idling sensitivity parameter known as in the unichip program? Is it the idling map for 500 and 800 rpm or what?

Could u check with your tuner what's this reserve 1 and reserve 2 for in the ECU program? My tuner told me that the Unichip manual did not mention anything on this parameter and within the program itself, it warns user not to change the value.

and btw, why do u need to disconnect the Battery ? to reset your ECU ?

[Edited on 8-3-2002 by John Lee]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John,

How is your unichip going on? My friend's turbo RS200 is done with unichip and he said it is very smooth & powerful. I believe you have got Dean to solve your problem. My friend's unichip is tuned by Dean from Australia.

Hi John,

How is your unichip going on? My friend's turbo RS200 is done with unichip and he said it is very smooth & powerful. I believe you have got Dean to solve your problem. My friend's unichip is tuned by Dean from Australia.

u mean Dean is in town now ? :D

anyway, for the past 2 weeks and 3 days my car has not stalled after some fine-tunning by another tuner ;). still abit too early to say that there's no problem.

will update this forum on the status of my unichip :D

Hi John,

Yes, Dean is in town and should be leaving end of the month. Kimiko was trying to sell me the Unichip and asked Dean to tune it. I told Dean about your case and he said he has solve your problem which max is unable to solve.

Keep me inform about the Unichip & Thanks