Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Apple Carplay

Hi lads:) I own a 2013 IS300h F-Sport White since November 2015 as my IS250 being crashed by a drunk lady who didn't stop at giveway junction, getting my car as total loss. It's nice to drive the IS hybrid and it did change my driving style from a thirsty beast to a peaceful city driver. But I can't manage to get a good mpg while nor just got 35.6 mpg.

The main question from me is that anyway I can do, like an FireWire update, to use apple CarPlay in my car ??? Or it just supports 2015 models ??? And one more thing is that anyone knows what is the latest FireWire of the premium navigation system ???

Thanks safe drive everyone

Joachim

MPG is down to how you drive, how hard you accelerate how fast you go etc. I dont drive slow or fast but like to get going and try to stick to the speed limit. My IS300 averages 45mpg.

On a 100 mile round trip yesterday mainly motorways keeping to the speed limit I averaged 53mpg. So less than two gallons of fuel for the journey. Had I pushed it to 85-90 mph as much of the other traffic was doing then it would drop to around 40mpg.

No car is going to be economical driving around a town or city centre.

Ed :flowers:

Economy is definitely in the feet of the driver, so to speak. As capese21 says, hard acceleration isn't kind to your economy at all. When I am response driving and can legally drive at 90 mph along with all the slowing and accelerating, you are lucky to see 40 mpg - closer to 30-35 I would suspect.

As for Carplay, I haven't heard of Lexus directly supporting it. They do have their enform platform which deals with apps and suchlike but it is not available in the UK or Europe as I type this.

Economy is definitely in the feet of the driver, so to speak. As capese21 says, hard acceleration isn't kind to your economy at all. When I am response driving and can legally drive at 90 mph along with all the slowing and accelerating, you are lucky to see 40 mpg - closer to 30-35 I would suspect.

As for Carplay, I haven't heard of Lexus directly supporting it. They do have their enform platform which deals with apps and suchlike but it is not available in the UK or Europe as I type this.

Lexus has vowed never to use apple car play or Android systems. Whether they are willing to allow Microsoft to do something is up to them. Toyota meanwhile has partnered with Ford.........

Lexus has vowed never to use apple car play or Android systems.

That's music to my ears! I'm a Windows (phone) fan, would love to see Lexus support for it but won't hold my breath. I'll settle gladly for not having to see the apple or Android logo every time I drive my car :phone:

Lexus has vowed never to use apple car play or Android systems.

That's music to my ears! I'm a Windows (phone) fan, would love to see Lexus support for it but won't hold my breath. I'll settle gladly for not having to see the apple or Android logo every time I drive my car :phone:

Microsoft could easily make a car system if they wanted to

Microsoft could easily make a car system if they wanted to

They did, the first generations of Ford Sync. Ford then ditched it because they wanted something that was actually usable and stable. Never tried it myself by apparently it wasn't a great user experience.

• 6 years later...
On 11/17/2022 at 11:04 AM, Mr_Groundhog said:

Seems nobody has posted about this for a while... There might be new aftermarket solutions by now...I'd be curious to know if anyone has any?

Yes, the Grom Vline2 is just one of them. Below is my (poor) attempt at a review :whistling:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links