Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'what I Moved To'

Having had a bit more time I have done a better clip of the lotus Evora. Other than the poor camera work I also called the splitter 'side skirts' and the buttons either side of the steering wheel do light up! The video wouldn't upload in HD to YouTube :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stuart - very nice!!. I think the white/black colour combination looks brilliant (unsurprisingly!!).

I'm a big fan of red leather as well having had it before myself; makes getting into a car an event in itself.

Is it living up to expectations?

Moved not mines :)

If a mod could change the topic title that would be great.

There you go Stuart. Mike.

Haha! Thanks

Maybe change it to 'what I moved to'...

Hows that?

• Like 1

I made a better clip for those inclined to listen to my droning!

Sham - I won't compare anything to the f other than handling which is just epic. Other then that they are such different cars any comparison would be a bit useless. Main things for me are as follows:

- it had to be a 2012 MY for me due to the 140 odd quality improvements made. Also, I wanted all the packs not only for me but also come resale. The sports racer is where the smart money is at being all of these things.

- the seats really are amazing and 2-3 hour trips have been no issue at all.

- build quality is far better than I expected with all you hear about lotus build quality. It's not up to Porsche or Lexus with fit and finish but isn't far off.

- the interior is a lovely place to be. The suede and leather combo really makes it feel special. The inside door handles are the only item they should have done differently in my view with them being plastic

- since buying a group 2/3 child seat the car is a lot more roomy and doing this released another 5-6 inches of passenger (front/rear) leg room so it is now very comfy for my wife and daughter.

- as we only have one child the storage is ample. The boot fits out baby buggy and a rucksack and the space next to my daughter in the rear works well as a shelf with the rear seats out.

- mpg is ok. I can get 27 on the motorway going 70mph but mixed driving will have you at late teens or early twenties.

- very long doors makes choosing parking spaces a bit of s chore! You need to be on an end spot to make it easy to get on and out but winding the window down does make it easier in tight spaces.

- the nav unit is great. It's an aftermarket alpine unit and it a touch laggy but functionally very rich. Bluetooth streaming of music and calls is a breeze and the nav unit is brilliant.

- I still have heated seats! Oh how I love heated seat!

- I miss keyless entry and start as well as auto wipers and knew I would.

- with clutch replacement being the exception (3k) maintenance costs look to be identical to the Isf so that's great.

- my daughter loves it and always want to go in the 'white car'.

- there are no cup holders, very little storage inside with the indents in the arm rests and the tiny glove box being all you have.

- it looks stunning and like the Isf pictures just don't do it justice.

- my lord it turns heads! Heads of all ages as well. I get let out at junctions and lots of smiles and thumbs up.

- the cabin noise is really good, as in not much of it unless you press on. It is a lot quieter than I expecred.

- most importantly it makes me want to just drove it, for no reason. It revs to 7.2k rpm in sport mode, handles like nothing I have ever driven, steering feedback is unreal (and unsettling at first) and enables you to feel exactly what the car is doing. Back end movement is very predictable.

- the sports car feel of a low car with the cockpit wrapped around you is great and as soon as you sit in the car you are ready to drive.

- the big surprise to me is now well it handles being a sports car when you want it to be and a comfy tourer when you want it to do that.

In summary - some compromises have to be made coming from a car like an Isf. It is far more capable than i ever imagined. It NEVER fails to put a smile on my face from the time I open the garage door until I tuck it up again.

• Like 2

Looks like a lovely car, nice alternative to the ISF and just as rare I guess.

A friend of a friend works for Lotus and turned up to my friends stag do in an Evora. I had a look around and it was rather plush for a Lotus. He rocked up to the wedding in an Exige which was even nicer!

Indeed. That was another thing (of many) that persuaded me to buy this over a 911. I think there are 400-500. I also believe there are fewer than 100 Evora s sport racers.

The excige 350 is an epic looking thing.

Ours is 5 now and when we ask what car shall we go in. The small Alfa or the big RX, she always chooses the Alfa. Though might be something to do with it having a full panoramic sunroof.

Very nice Stu! :)

Hope you are both very happy together. Bet the exhaust noise is a bit different after your F with the H&S! Lol.

Make sure you come along to a Bluewater meet. Be nice to see it in the flesh! ;)

Happy motoring chap! :)

• Like 1

Cheers Pete. I'll look to set up a meet when the weather gets a bit better! It is certainly more discrete but it would be a lie if i said I don't miss the Isf sound from one to time.

I'll hang around as I think our second car will end up being s Lexus of some description come time to change and I have met some good folk on here

How are you getting on with the f?

Sounds good Stu. :)

Yep, got loads in the pipeline for the F still chap.

Ordered a Titanium intake from RR-Racing in the States (looks lovely!), getting my flat bottom steering wheel reworked at the end of this month (alcantara sides, thicker all round, red racing line at the 12 o'clock position), ordering my new seats in a month or two (going with Cobra Misano Anniversary edition with heating elements and blue stitching to compliment the F theme), waiting for the last interior trim parts from my carbon skinner (includes the triple gauge pod I need to get the Defi gauges up and running), and getting the blacked out headlights reworked by a guy I met at the Japshow Finale last year that does awesome work with LED's! ;)

After that it'll be headers, proper LSD, better coilovers possibly, bigger brake kit. ;)

As I said, LOTS still to do chap! :)

• Like 1

Lol, seems like it Stu. :)

Never say never and all that, but it would need to be something pretty special for me to part ways with the IS-F.

I'm too invested in the car now as well really! Wouldn't get back anything like enough to cover my outlay! Lol.

I'll make sure I get another thread up here once I have a few more jobs ticked off the long list! ;)

• Like 1

Hi Gib.

Have a look at my threads on here mate. ;)

Have already had the nasty plastic rear arm piece re-skinned in proper dark carbon fibre, as well as the door switch control surrounds. :)

Currently getting the front centre console, ashtray lid, cup holder lid and my custom one-off centre air vent triple gauge pod holder re-skinned to match. B)

Have a look here mate:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/91800-teaser-pic-of-my-rear-armrest-refinished-in-genuine-carbon-fibre/

and here:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/94631-carbon-door-switch-covers-installed/

Only issue I would say is Paul takes a long time to get these bits done. :(

He is a very busy guy, so I just have to bite my lip and wait as patiently as possible! Lol.

The results are stunning though as anyone would tell you who's seen my car in the flesh at one of the meets. :)

• Like 1

It is impressive and a lot cheaper than buying the rest of the parts in the finish lexus have used. The rear divider in the woven silver ship is about £1k I think.... If not more.

Thanks. :)

Should look even better once I get the last bits installed. :)

As I said, does take a fair while to turn these round unfortunately. :(

These bits were sent off to him back on the 23rd October. Guessing it'll be around 3months from start to finish!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links