Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Do You Guys Manages Babies In The Is300H

A very very first world problem here....Expecting our first baby in April, it's both exciting and scary at the same time!!

So fitted the newly acquired child seat in the back, was amazed how much space it took up. Now I know why all our friends with kids buy SUV type cars :).

Luckly the IS300H isn't going to be the main vomit/poo wagon - that job is going to the Leaf, it's going back to Nissan in 2017 so they can have the vomit/poo covered interior back :). I'm now considering the unthinkable, replacing the Leaf with an SUV!!

I don't know how people manage to transport their horde in small cars like a Yaris, but clearly plenty of people do...So may be I just need to man up :)

23692326240_da4e3f1fe2_z_d.jpg

I has our two young children in the back of my Soarer for many years -and only 2 years.

Just watch your back when bending down! Ouch.

:geek:

A very very first world problem here....Expecting our first baby in April, it's both exciting and scary at the same time!!

So fitted the newly acquired child seat in the back, was amazed how much space it took up. Now I know why all our friends with kids buy SUV type cars :).

Luckly the IS300H isn't going to be the main vomit/poo wagon - that job is going to the Leaf, it's going back to Nissan in 2017 so they can have the vomit/poo covered interior back :). I'm now considering the unthinkable, replacing the Leaf with an SUV!!

I don't know how people manage to transport their horde in small cars like a Yaris, but clearly plenty of people do...So may be I just need to man up :)

23692326240_da4e3f1fe2_z_d.jpg

Don't carry a seat as big as that!!! Besides, in a few months they can go in a front facing one and it's not as bad

Basically the car seat manufacturers say 2 years. That's total bull****. You should only put the baby in a rear facing seat until they grow out of it. My daughter was 1 and she's been in a forward facing seat since

Admittedly she was in the RX which is huge in the back so it wasn't bad

the baby / toddler goes in the honda no mess in the IS

Daughters been a good one. Only vomited once and that was on tiles in the kitchen and had a one shot case of diarrhoea in my father in laws car lol

Daughters been a good one. Only vomited once and that was on tiles in the kitchen and had a one shot case of diarrhoea in my father in laws car lol

thats what inlaws are for lol

before the honda we had an aygo and it was fine until daniel turned 1 then it became too

awkward for kath to get him in and out of the car due to his weight and how the

child seat sat on the back seat in relation to the door opening we then bought the hybrid jazz.

thats what inlaws are for lol

Was his fault anyway. Took her to brother in laws daughters birthday party and didn't take a look at what she was eating. Ended up eating food along with 10-20 mints (laxatives) and there you go hahaha

• 1 year later...

I don't have enough leg room if I put my one year old baby seat behind the driver side, has to go behind the passenger. My wife is also pregnant and I have a 120lb Rottweiler. Needless to say, we use the new X-Trail for 99% of family journeys. Huge car which gets 50mpg, love it.

Our little girl is now 9 months old, found a solution to the baby seat and space issue.... We use the other car which is hatchback with more interior space for 99.5% of family trips. Our next car is a SUV and I dare to say the car after that will be also be a SUV, the saloon format just doesn't work for us anymore. 

Always found it no problem when I was younger and fitter, in fact our first daughter was conceived on the back seat of my Corsair. Given my age now do not think I will ever get around to trying my IS. !!!

Have I understood the question correctly.

• Like 5

How my parents managed with a Morris Minor traveler 3 young kids a Labrador  and towing a caravan goodness only knows!! It all worked & we had some great holidays.

Ed.

• Like 1

richard you shouldn't need to be praised for making comments if members didn't like the post

it would of been mentioned ,instead its the opposite people have liked your comment

and so will i if it makes you feel better. 

• Like 1

You buy the sensible family cars for the kids and their rubbish, they grow up, you buy the cars you wanted without having to consider kids and their tackle and then bloody grandkids come along.

I have a one year old and five year old in the back of mine regularly and manage, I'm not going back to "Cars for the family"

And I really don't think you need SUV's to accommodate a little rugrat.

• Like 1

I have 8 grandchildren under 5yrs old. I can carry two in their required car seats in the back of the RC quite comfortably. What I can't do is carry all the crap that normally comes with them. Tends to focus the parent's mind on just the essentials .....

peter you have the perfect car as the RC can only accomodate small people in the back due to the lack of legroom

but this will mean you wont be able to bring them back when their  teenagers from a music festival when they're and covered in mud

that can also be down to the parents

• Like 2

We have looked after my grandson for 2 or 3 days a week since he was a baby. He is now 7 and the Lexus is fine. No modern car in my opinion will accommodate an isofix child seat and 2 adults comfortably in the rear.  We have good quality Recaro child seats in both the Lexus and our Fiat 500 - no problem.  In fact there is more room in the Lexus than my Mercedes E250 cabriolet which always used to create moaning because of legroom issues from the boy. I have a valetpro product that neutralises the effects odour of milky vomit  and other nasties ( apparently does it with bacteria). It is also ideal for using in the home.

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:47 AM, capese21 said:

How my parents managed with a Morris Minor traveler 3 young kids a Labrador  and towing a caravan goodness only knows!! It all worked & we had some great holidays.

Ed.

No baby/toddler seats and probably no seatbelts either in those days I bet!

My parents had a Chevrolet Impala Stationwagon (similar to the one in the pic) when we were kids. We would travel long distances overnight and my parents used to fold the rear seat down and throw a couple of mattresses in there and the 4 of us kids slept all the way (once we stopped fighting!). Luggage was in a roof rack.

images.jpg

• 1 year later...

I had a Mercedes E220 for a good few years, before selling it last year, and buying an IS300h. I had no problem with two baby seats in the back of the Merc, one facing backwards and one facing forwards, and my daughter, whose rugrats they are, still had a decent amount of room to sit between the two seats. But she has found it very difficult in the IS, unfortunately, and she is quite small, 5ft 6in, and slim.

I have since measured the IS across the back seats, and it is about 4 inches narrower than the E-class. Not a lot, but it makes a big difference.

The other thing that I hadn't expected with the IS was with the rear facing baby seat. With the seat strapped in, it isn't ISO-fix, when i closed the drivers door the seat automatically reversed itself, and pushed the baby seat back a small bit. I hadn't realised that the rear facing baby seat was so far forward, or the the driver's seat was curved and went back so far !!!

Fortunately, I don't have the baby seats in the car very often, maybe twice a year, so I can live with it, but on a daily basis I would find it unsatisfactory. Based on this, I bought the daughter a Suzuki Grand Vitara so that she doesn't have to bend down to put the rugrats into their seats.

Parkman.

On 1/25/2017 at 9:18 PM, rayaans said:

Im pretty sure my parents used to put me in the boot :yes:

Ha ha! LOL. Was just looking to see if anyone had said this before I did. Much easier to clean poo and vomit from a boot protector!!