Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Do You Guys Manages Babies In The Is300H

On 27/12/2015 at 8:59 AM, rayaans said:

Don't carry a seat as big as that!!! Besides, in a few months they can go in a front facing one and it's not as bad

Basically the car seat manufacturers say 2 years. That's total bull****. You should only put the baby in a rear facing seat until they grow out of it. My daughter was 1 and she's been in a forward facing seat since

When our children were born, car seats were scarcely available. We carried our first-born in a Moses basket in the rear seat well. I'm glad they survived. I know of at least one child that didn't.

But even in forward-facing car seats, small children can suffer what I've heard described by the medical profession as self-decapitation. Have a look at this website, which shows what can happen. There's a video to demonstrate.

On 12/27/2015 at 8:59 AM, rayaans said:

Don't carry a seat as big as that!!! Besides, in a few months Basically the car seat manufacturers say 2 years. That's total bull****. You should only put the baby in a rear facing seat until they grow out of it. My daughter was 1 and she's been in a forward facing seat since

You might know your onions when it comes to the cars rayaans but that really is nonsense.

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

You might know your onions when it comes to the cars rayaans but that really is nonsense.

You do realise you've quoted a post that's over 2 years old right? 

And it's not nonsense. Baby seats are tested on weight, not on age. That's why they say "up to 2 years" rather than until 2 years

I believe the general wisdom is to carry a child rear facing for as long as possible to reduce the risk of injury (neck esp I think) however I have just had to put the seat forward facing for my 15 month old granddaughter as it was too tight a fit rear facing. She seems happier looking forwards too and it is far easier to get her in and out. Slightly concerned about what might happen in a crash but I drive even more sedately when she is with me, damn good for fuel economy as well LOL

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links