Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Much Loved Is200 Is Dead

easye1

my lexus hit by a drunk driving, high speed reversing clio, last night

crushing rear panels both sides, offside against my daughters car.

gutted.

spent £200 last week on new windscreen, bottom ball joints, new tire and new mot...

post-54030-0-02955200-1451219804_thumb.j

post-54030-0-66200700-1451219820_thumb.j

Hi spacewagon, yes, driver was arrested for drunk driving / poss driving under Influence of drugs.

woman was driving a clio so fast in reverse, it hit my lexus so hard it shoved it into my daughters SRi 1800 zafira moving both cars,mine about 4 foot daughters foot or more.

her car drove home with some wheel arch rubbing over bumps,

my lexus drove from accident site next door into parking bay/car port, but must have looked comical as the nearside wheel has broken suspension and was waggling about under power...

still waiting for a crime report number,

insurance was phoned last night after the "Incident" but no one at home to advise me till tuesday, just a messenger service.

been out and bought a 03 plate rover 1800 manual to use as i think it will be a bit of time going through insurance, as the drinks car had nothing on it - nothing !

never had any glass left in it, some prior to accident, tailgate after.

I cant comment more due to ongoing legal proceedings....its rather complicated trust me...

not stuck for a car as I have my trusty old diesel landrover discovery of 8 years ownership....

a bit rough round the edges but like me still keeps going..lol

hi guys, and yes gutted about my loved old lexus.

had to move it out, have a clean up around the car port floor then moved poorly lexus as far in as i could.

its got both rear light lenses broken, but not one bulb out - amazing..

still not ventured to open the bootlid in case it dont close again, but will do it perhaps tomorrow..

me and my son are old enough to be old skool, and he has looked at the reduced width rear end, and comically said,

with our new porta power, blocks of wood, and carefull pushing power of 10 tons, we "might" push all that back out again, skim of filler, paint - be as good as new....

for once i was speachless..............lol

historically, I used to race / stock cars / bangers & hotrods....

a saying of - "Its a runner" was well used at the time...

oh well, never say never perhaps - either way..

tomorrow starts the hassle of insurance phoning, with the last known police "incident number" - still ongoing as i speak...

I`ve just SORN`ed poorly lexus along with stopping the banks D/D for its tax, so officially "offroad" now....

the only good`ish news is having purchased a Rover 75 club 1800 model, complete with "overheating" problems, plus a few minors like needing 2 tires and all braking systems checked - the good news is aircon works so does its 6 (8) multi cd changer found in the boot along with professionally fitted LPG gas conversion / but now no spare wheel (space saver on eBay £30`ish)..

the 1800 engine looks tiny compared to my lexus, but hey, its a cheap runner for now..

the known head gaskit problems from it K series engine can be done easily with an updated head gaskit kit.

(new haynes book of words ordered)

so, still gutted, but as no one was in either my lexus nor my daughters car parked alongside - it happens I suppose....

(them zafiras are dam tough it seems)

Have a good new years eve party one and all, If I dont get back to you all...

Ian..

Hi Easye1,

Sorry to hear about your Lexus. I know how you feel. I was on holiday when a hungry kid whose parents were on holiday decided to take his mums Mercedes to get him and a friend some dinner. He'd only had 10 lessons and was too scared to turn right into his on road and decided to turn left. He mounted the pavement and hit my beloved 7 series which I've owned for 15 years. He hit the car all down the driver side from the rear. If you look at the car from the passenger side or from the front you would not know it had been hit.

It was a pain to get sorted but I was lucky as I dealt directly with their insurance company. The insurance company was under no obligation to do anything as technically he had stolen his parents car and was not an insured driver. The car is now sorn and on my drive.

I bought a Mercedes E240 as it was cheap, but its proving not be cheap given how much it has drained from me financially. I'm just hoping that the one thing left to do will be putting life back into the car for more years to run.

On the downside some numpty in an Audi Q7 on Christmas Eve while reversing out of his parking bay bumped the Lexus. It's nothing big and to most not noticeable, but I know its there.

My advice would be if you can deal directly with the other parties insurance company (if they are insured) this brings a quicker result, especially if you mention you are considering using an accident management company and not your own insurance company to provide a courtesy car and repair. Most insurance companies want to settle things quickly as this keeps costs down.

• Like 1

hi ashar,yes bumps and bangs are hurtful sometimes..

been on the phone for over an hour with insurance company,followed by the recovery / salvage company eager to collect the lexus.

now off to take photos, do sketches, and general pain in the rear end stuff needed to be done.

oh well, full no claims will take a knock now i expect...

cheers, ian.

saw my much loved lexus is200 driven onto the GOPART salvage lorry yesterday

dont think i`ll see her home again sadly..

lorry driver was a complete knob, left his lorry round the block stating "cant get my lorry down your turning"

I pointed out the RAC could twice for my old landrovers breakdowns...

once for cambelt shredding itself bending 8 pushrods like spaghetti,

second time when alternator went on self destruct in excessive charge, but lights were bright..lol

have to keep cheerful but hurting inside now.

are we supposed to morn the loss of just a car, even if its a loved lexus ?

a little light humor, as nearside suspension balljoint had collapsed, its rear wheel drove but was waving goodbye to me in a sort of "miss you-love you" way.....

sad sight,

sadder old man now..

still nothing from either essex police or insurers...

but got rather messy in trying to reseal both front and rear screens in the auntie rover 75.

i used sikaflex eht - black.

came in an ali cartridge with ali inside plunger,

that seized as only ali - on - ali can//lol

ended up cutting the complete top of the cartridge and used a knife to get out and used the nasty but needed sticky black stuff.

it sealed i hope, but can see ages with a blade to trim it, plus a petrol soaked rag to get it of the windows / body work / me - not all in that order....lol

"a stern letter has been sent to complain"

as only us Victor Meldue`esk wrinklies can......I Dont Bloody Believe It !!

lol...

be safe guys,

speak soon..

ian..

• 2 weeks later...

updated..

well, signed over my V5 today to copart....

expect some monies from my insurance co soon..

living in a cloud of sadness only lovers of nice lexus owners can when faced with loss..

you`ll love this next bit -

bought an 03 plate rover 75 with known head gaskit problems - LOL...

yea, I know..lol

but it was cheap - very cheap....

untill dosh flows my way then I can look out for another is200 or is300,

then sell the nice but awful rover...lol

every cloud and all that...

I`ll let you all know when I`m back in the brotherhood again..

Ian.

thanks glyn....

its like a berievement, but its only a bloody car.....lol

i get attached to things i guess..

will wait for the "right one" soon...

meanwhile, my old faithful still gets me around while i catch up on must do`s on auntie rover 75...

old faithful is a 25 year old 3 door diesel landrover discovery.

its a,

7 seater,

builders van,

recovery vehicle,

not forgetting its towing power...

my car heart is divided at times,

even (shooosh) 2 wheels - aprilia SR 125 `ish cc...

bloody teenagers on modified scooters eh....

happy days mate...

68 years old soon....where did it all go...

well.......................

another day eh..

ian

hi steve,

sadly no plans at the moment for a lexus, but have been looking.

as spoken of, currently motoring in a very clean rover 75 club..(dont all laugh)

got the uprated head gaskit set in the post today, waiting on cam belt - water pump kit to arrive, just to keep my spanner skills working.

also ordered the cam gears locking tool to make things more simple.

had 2 new tires fitted the other day, rear exhaust by me a few more days ago.

then tonight, something got the better of my and so i bought an S type 3 litre auto Jaguar...

its was the type R grill thats been fitted that grabbed me..honest...lol

needs a bit of tlc only as far as I can see,

but are these above both "keepers" ???

doubt it..

my hearts in another lexus really..

Ian..

had a truly nice 3 month old hire car for 2 weeks paid by the insurance company,

was a toyota avensis 1800 auto.

its dashboard done and told you everything you needed whilst driving,

it was a big comfortable car too,

plus very good on fuel consumption - but,

it never had the spirit of its much earlier bloodline,

my missed lexus is 200 se

a replacement will be sought in the future....lol..

ian

Ian, I look forward to hearing about the replacement.  Last year, I bought an E39 530 Sport (2003 5 series BMW).  It was the much sought after Champagne edition.  I had wanted one for ages.  I had it 3 months during which time all it did was go wrong and the drive was not quite as I had imagined.  God I'm glad I didn't get rid of the Lexus.  BWM now sold and back in the IS200.  Which doesn't go wrong.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ian, gutted for you but an IS200 itch never goes away. Having had my own IS200 Sport over 10 years ago, giving it up for a company car, (which I have just lost), I had to have another one.  Collect my "new" 51 plate IS200 Sport on Monday. Its in better condition and less miles that the one I sold 10 years ago.  Can't wait.  Cost less than the half term holiday we just booked too. Half term holidays come and go but Lexus is for ever ?? 

• Like 1

hi guys, agree both of you.

still driving my box on wheels, landrover discovery = old reliable,owned for the last 7 years,  done a 130 mile trip in her yesterday, love it but not like loving a lexus.

as a short term car i bought a rover 75 club with known head gaskit problems....sigh - yes i know, they all have problems, but the auntie rover drives quite well in its own class.

got a pile of replacement / uprated engine parts waiting for "warmer weather" to go on the engine.....

but being a sucker for older cars, the same family member i bought the lexus from, i also bought the 53 plate rover,

but i also saw a  3litre S type jag sitting there too.....it needed a home, and someone to sort out its 5th gear in its autobox thats hit and miss.....

so now i have 2 shiney silver cars to play with, when its warmer enough.....lol

still pass loving glances  at passing is200`s though - dont think either of my 2 shiney cars fill that void left when my is200 left me....

all is not lost yet.

ian..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links