Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Small Gremlin invited itself in on Boxing Day, and until I can find a sober auto electrician, anyone think of anything I can check myself? On closing all doors, bonnet, boot etc, the courtesy lights all go out normally BUT the small "door open" light remains in the dash display. After locking up, after 10 mins or so, the alarm goes off. The alarm obviously THINKS there's a door open? Driving is perfectly normal in every way, with no immobilisation or similar. Unfortunately this means I can't lock the car, which is a nuisance! HELP....

Assuming the patronising suggestions of checking everything's clean and clear have been addressed.....

the fact that the interior light goes out as normal could just be low voltage to a sensor. Is your car Battery in good condition?

It's just a thought, but I've had odd electrical issues like this with many other cars and all were because the Battery was on its way out.

• Like 1

As above when I first got my '94 The alarm would go off for no apparent reason.

It never happened again after fitting a new car Battery.

It might be worth checking the door switches......

• Like 1

All my car's gremlins disappeared by replacing the Battery. On a side note; the alarm can go off unexpectedly if something metal is left in the central console. This has happened to me on one or two occasions.I read about this on one of the forums. Might have been this one!

Had a similar problem a while back which seemed to be caused by interference from certain WiFi frequencies where I used to park my car. Sounds daft but was proven by the fact that the problem never occurred when parked outside my house.

I now park in a different location near my local station and no further problems.

............... I remember in years past when the central locking ( on my then Saab ) used to malfunction in the presence of nearby office block positioned telephone masts .......... long time ago now, pre Ls400s and maybe 15 years ago.

Malc