Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Plastidipped My Grill

MJG

Hi, I sprayed my grill earlier today with plastidip and just wanted to show how it turned out

I think it looks a lot smarter now it's black instead of grey. Sorry about last pic was dark by time I put it back on the car.

tumblr_o08qkl7nHU1rp8g93o3_1280.jpgtumblr_o08qkl7nHU1rp8g93o4_1280.jpgtumblr_o08qkl7nHU1rp8g93o2_1280.jpgtumblr_o08qkl7nHU1rp8g93o1_1280.jpg

Happy New Michael, I did the same to a £15 eBay grill for my IS in summer 2014 (except I'd reveal the Lexus 'L' as you have). It's stood up pretty well, I have to say. There's a few small bits of peel here and there (shows you how much crap gets thrown up) and it's a bit more of a dark matt grey now. Once summer comes, I might redo it. Looks smart though when it's new, doesn't it?

Yea it only takes couple hours to spray,dry and refit definitely worth doing IMO. Could prob a get a few grills done from the same can.

It looks good in black, doesn't stand out as a modified just looks like its suppose to be that way

Yeah it needs a lot of tlc but I need to sort the exhaust blowing and get it running smooth first before I get the car looking fresh, plus it's been raining since I got the car but I've already done an oil and filter change :P

I just recently got the car to use as a second car to use while my subaru is having ecu problems and I recently crashed an MR2 I was using for a daily :/