Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Arch Clearance

schueya

Hi All,

My IS250 got its first proper wash today since picking up a few weeks ago and I noticed the wheel arch clearance on front RH side is at least 1cms bigger than the other 3 sides. I'm sure i would have noticed this before but maybe not - does anyone have any idea why this should be? Car is parked on level ground and I don't think the car's been accident-damaged previously? 18-inch wheels all around with 225/40 tyres on the front. Does anyone know what the wheel arch clearance should be (approx) with standard factory suspension?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Have you tried bouncing the car on the front RHS to see if it settles better, do the tyres have roughly the same tread depth and pressures?

If it was lower I would have suggested checking the springs for a break but being higher probably not.

Try repositioning the car on level ground and recheck.

Hi and thanks for your welcome.

Tyre tread and pressures are the same. Tried bouncing the car on the front RHS and repositioning the car as suggested, but didn't make any difference.

The car went to the local Lexus dealership when i first bought the car for a free safety check and came back with a tick in the 'good' box for the suspension - and i'm assuming they would have picked up this issue.