Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Few years back used to drive a Cosworth Granada, beast of a motor, could eat a set of Toyo's in 7000 mile, could kick the back end out on a straight road.

What's the Cossie got to do with the LS400 you might ask, well not a lot, but whilst looking for web pages on LS came across this interesting article, says it has not been updated since 2005 but still mentions the Mark 4 models. some of you may have seen this before but newer member like me still search for more info.

Brian

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/ls400.htm

• Like 2

............... amazing that with the effluxion of time ( that piece was written in 2005 ) the only differences I would put are that he has considerably understated the benefits of owning and running the Ls400 Mk3 ....................to some degree ..................

Malc

• Like 1

Nice summary of why no one should be without a 400, still say it is the cheapest motor I have ever owned, when you take into consideration purchase price and then no need to be spending money left right and center.

Sure spares are not cheap, but work colleague with a Mini (6 years old) has just had to spend over £800 having gear box sorted.

Having driven Granada's in the past, lovely big cars (never tried a Cosworth), but once drove a 15 year old Granada, like driving a oil tanker in a hurricane, not something I can ever the LS managing to do. As to Scorpios, never been in one, and IMHO seem to be bug-ugly as a motor.

Nice summary of why no one should be without a 400, still say it is the cheapest motor I have ever owned, when you take into consideration purchase price and then no need to be spending money left right and center.

Sure spares are not cheap, but work colleague with a Mini (6 years old) has just had to spend over £800 having gear box sorted.

Having driven Granada's in the past, lovely big cars (never tried a Cosworth), but once drove a 15 year old Granada, like driving a oil tanker in a hurricane, not something I can ever the LS managing to do. As to Scorpios, never been in one, and IMHO seem to be bug-ugly as a motor.

We had an S reg Grananda 2.8 Estate and we did a 250,000 miles in it and she was faultless. They lost a big market when they went over to the Scorpio and no proper estate for a few years. Mike.

I did consider buying a Scorpio (Ghia?) myself once. They do look a bit 'bug-eyed' but it's dashboard/cabin design made up for any deficiency in that department. It's a really nice place to be,----- up there with the LS430 cabin, which is fabulous.