Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Aftermarket Headunit

I'll start by apologising for starting this topic which has probably been started hundreds of times!

I bought my Lexus IS300 Sportcross just before Xmas, I already have a double DIN Headunit I'd like to install. I've done loads before but all the other cars where far easier! I've tried searching and found many conflicting views! I went a car audio place and they wanted £150 to install it! I told them where to shove that.

Basically will this kit be fine and make it work? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT24LX01-Lexus-IS300-01-04-Single-or-D-Din-Car-Stereo-Fascia-Amp-By-pass-Kit-/251445663637?hash=item3a8b545795:g:LewAAOxydlFS9W~N

does anyone know the quality of the fascia?

So I bypass the stock amp with this harness by plugging it into the out going cables of the amp, then fitting the head unit with the fascia and hey presto it works?? easy?

also I have Sat Nav, not that from 2004 its any good, but will this still work? I'm guessing no, is there a way to fix this?

been reading things like rear speakers won't work etc etc if installing aftermarket headunit, is this true?

Need this sorting really by next week as chris moyles will be back ruining radioX (late great XFM) so I have to listen to my ipod in the mornings then. lol

any help greatly appreciated :D

Yep that adapter kit works, arrived earlier today. The fitment isn't great but it does the job.tumblr_o0jf8x5QWH1rp8g93o1_1280.jpg

Very simple install.

Pull the bottom section where traction and snow buttons are. This should just pop off

Undo two 10mm bolts at bottom of stereo then unpop the top vented section and undo 2 more 10mm bolts.

Remove 8mm bolts in side of stereo, remove stereo. Plug in adaptor cable and install new stereo in reverse.

I was able to fix my double din in with the old stereo bracket and screws. Didn't need to use the plastic adaptors that came in the kit.

cheers bro, quality doesn't look too bad in the pic, I'll get the kit ordered and man up and fit it! I should be able to fix anything that goes wrong, as I found the wiring diagram, although it's USDM

• Like 1

What's the sound like sompared to the original head unit?

Not really sure as I only listened to radio on the original stereo. The double din stereo does sound great and will likely be an improvement because of the equalizer software on the head unit.

The stereo doesn't sound as good as it did in my Alfa romeo before but that's due to the cars speaker system.

How'd you know that the head unit will fit in the opening of the fitting kit. I had a cheap Japanese head unit that I couldn't get to fit inside the opening

they are DIN standard mate

all sorted on Saturday, the fascia I got is pretty **** doesn't look very good but its in and working.

I wouldn't recommend that kit I bought to anyone, the harness was wired wrong, it had the batt constant voltage and a switch live shorted together, so the radio wouldn't turn off / wasn't right at all. it of course took me an extra 2 hours to figure this out instead of taking me about an hour took much longer! all in and working though :D

I wouldn't recommend that kit I bought to anyone, the harness was wired wrong, it had the batt constant voltage and a switch live shorted together, so the radio wouldn't turn off / wasn't right at all. it of course took me an extra 2 hours to figure this out instead of taking me about an hour took much longer! all in and working though :D

Did you buy the same cheap kit I've got?

I haven't had any issues with the radio turning on/off with the car. It also dims the stereo screen when the headlights come on which is pretty sweet

Did you buy the same cheap kit I've got?

I haven't had any issues with the radio turning on/off with the car. It also dims the stereo screen when the headlights come on which is pretty sweet

no I bought a different kit, the one I originally posted, I've fixed it like so it all works fine :D

What I meant Is. I bought an xtron head unit off of eBay. And couldnt get a surround that it would fit in anywhere. Was for my van. I'm considering a head unit for my is but am a bit worried about fitting kits and amp bypass cables now!

Chas do you mean the rectangle shape trim that goes on the face of the stereo to fill the double din gap?

I'd lost the lil face thing for my stereo but lucky with this kit it came with the adaptor for a single din with the bar in the middle.

I just cut out the bar in the middle so it was double din and clipped it to the face of the stereo.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an old thread. I have a is300 sport cross and I'm hearing people say to fit aftermarket stereo you need the Metra box kit £150 due to the sportcross having a different head unit to the saloon/sedan. How did you get yours to work.  Did the sub in the boot still work?