Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

P0093 Help Needed To Decipher Data

Badger1966

On 02/03/2016 at 6:15 AM, Badger1966 said:

No worries, as soon as I know anything I will let you know

Hi! I had 3 injectors leaking, I already changed 2 of them but with different part number ! I still need 1 more can I ask you where did you get yours?  Thanks! 

1 hour ago, lexy220d said:

Hi! I had 3 injectors leaking, I already changed 2 of them but with different part number ! I still need 1 more can I ask you where did you get yours?  Thanks! 

Hellooo, I got it from " midlands auto spares ltd - 0121 558 3576 " Allegedly from a 2008 car. But be careful. The first one they sent me leaked as much as mine did! The second one was fine. So be sure they send you a good one first time. I don't think they do a leakdown test on them, so like me, it could be a bit of a lottery. But they give a 3 month warranty and it was no problem getting them to send another. Just a pain and a waste of time. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Lol, I actually just sold it, guy was so happy with the car he just drove it away, didn't even test drive it! Call me stupid, but I just went back to diesel, needed something with a big boot so I brought an audi allroad 2.5. and loving it :-) Well, until it goes wrong! LOL

• 1 month later...

i spent all night reading every bit of this thread. I don't even have this problem i just got sucked into it! However, i learned a lot and I think i may get my injectors checked over as i have seen a drop in mpgs and very occasional smoke. i just think i could have jut skipped to page 12 to find out about the injector in two minutes lol

• 4 weeks later...

• 6 months later...

I just picked up an 06 is220d and half-way bought a lemon of a private seller.  Morning after got the VSC message.  My code reader finally came in and I see it's the P0093 and my symptoms are absolutely spot on with what you guys experienced.  Only goes into limp mode in the morning, or even after sitting half a day. Always when letting off the gas or approaching an intersection/roundabout. Once it's warmed up its normally good for the day.  I get mid-30's for MPG and the car has 111K miles. 

The first 3 weeks I've had the car it never did the white smoke on me.  This week it's happened twice on me.  It also seems to be running rich, sometimes worse than others.  This would all make sense for the injectors.    I read through the whole thread the other night (the day I moved into my place so I took a long break from unpacking).  I know I need to run the injector leak-off test, something I've never messed with but it seems fairly east to do. 

Chime in if you have any advice, but really I just want to thank you guys for this thread as I'm really hoping it is the answer to my issues.

-TIM

hi aF Tim

that will be your problem, everthing that you have described is down to the lexus, ( dont waste your time going to lexus they will never work it out), do a leak off test, change the injectors that are faulty.

If you can get injectors from a 2008 car onwards, as denso changed them in 2007, ( I wonder why???)

changing the injectors is easy, just make sure the engine is warm when you pull them

good luck.

ps then sell the car, the is220d is the worst car that lexus made in my opinion 

• Like 2

I couldn't find any videos showing a leak-off test on the 220d, most I saw showed removing a rubber line and then attacking the tubes to empty bottles. 

In our case, do I unscrew the caps off the as pictured with the blue circles here?  

Do do you know if i need to remove anything from the red side?

Also you said to look for 2008 or newer injectors. The only part number I've found is 23670-26020.  Is there a different number to search.  I'm seeing used ones at £200, new was almost £500/ea. Any tips for searching?

IMG_6969.JPG

I really like the car if I can get this quirk figured out.  I'm only here for two years so just hope I can keep it in running order that long and sell it for something.  I paid £2300, just got tires £220, changed front brakes (rotors and pads), rear brakes (calipers, rotors, and pads) for £300.  So sitting at £2820 right now.  Even if I have to have to swap 2 injectors I don't think it's a horrible price if I can steer clear of trouble for a bit.

I paid £360 for 2 second hand ones , the leak off test has to be home made and is attached to the injectors individually on the left hand side , if you inbox me I will give you my phone number and you can call 

• Like 1

I'm not 100% sure how good my tube hookups where. But the results seemed pretty obvious.

Now to track down an injector. I ordered the copper washers the other day and they showed up already. 

Thanks Mackemade for talking me through it the other night  

IMG_6981.JPG

• Like 1