Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

P0093 Help Needed To Decipher Data

Badger1966

I replaced the #2 injector today.  Leak-off test went great, ran it for a minute and bottles were pretty much empty.

I had about 4 oz after running it for 20 seconds last time.  Tomorrow will be the big test to see if it's fixed. 

I didn't get the new banjo washers for the return lines yet, so think I have a small leak from them. Really don't want to pay £36 for 4 washers. May just use some M8 crush washers. 

IMG_6997.MOV

• Like 1

So far so good...mostly. Limp mode is. I longer. Mileage went from 34 up to 37mpg. 1500 mile road trip to France and. Ack this weekend. I'm sure mileage will still go up a bit. 

VSC still pops up for DPF though. Options:

1. Ignore it

2. Remove and soak in DPF cleaner/reinstall

3. Have a company eliminate DPF altogether and remap ecu. £400+. 

I'm going to search for a thread on the DPF removal.  Don't want to hi-jack this anymore from the injector issue which is now solved.  Thanks for the help everyone, this forum was a life saver. 

Last update on this (hopefully), did a 1500 mile road trip this weekend to France and back.  No issues injector wise and Limp mode has yet to come back.  I averaged 37 MPG on the way there at about 80-85mph.  Faster I went mileage went down as to be expected.

• 4 months later...

If one bottle is substantially more full than the others, it would be the injector that needs replacing. I ordered one from a breaker for around £140. It’s worked for 6 months without issue. 

DE5C2AA5-5D68-4CE2-86CC-A820220B1EB4.png

• 1 year later...

amazing you guys hats off to you all & all the troubles & problems you’ve solved to get the right out come.. i’ve got all the same problems with VSC & P0093.. 

going to price up injectors after doing the leak test.. & wow yeah the stress of this problem ii know how you all felt.. thank you very much & very much enjoyed reading this for over an hour.. hats off to you all.. mrdeanhollis 

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

I read all the answers on this topic.  I am struggling with the same (I think) problem.  The car enters emergency mode but at high speed and high engine revs.  With normal driving, there is no chance of p0093 error.  The only symptom that something is wrong is jumping rpm's (not always) which can lead to the engine off.  The overflow test showed that injector 2 gives up too much fuel.  This injector was replaced as first. It turned out that mine has a cracked atomizer, visible in the photo.  Result after replacement? Nothing at all.  The true is that I have no space to accelerate the car so that it shows p0093, but when stationary, the engine rpm is still jumping.  The overflow test also showed that the injector No. 3 does not give off fuel completely (as if it all went to the cylinder).  For the peace of mind, I also replaced the SCV pressure valve Couse it's cheap. For even more peace of mind car been running only on Liqui Molly diesel injector cleaner for 2h. In short circuit. Result on picture. I'm slowly losing my patient..

IMG_20211012_203034.jpg

received_403158711424598.jpeg

IMG_20211007_142343.jpg

IMG_20211007_151652.jpg

• 6 months later...

Excellent write up from all contributors. Well done and on the other hand so sorry for your loss trying to fix this issue.

Having smoking issue but car doesn't go into limp mode, suspect injector/s and will try the leak test as clearly described 😍

Thank you All.

• 8 months later...

Having same problem when it's cold keeps cutting out but when hot it's fine .I've changed EGR valve ,fuel filter,suction control valve still get VSC light on .turn car of and on keep it at 2500rpm until engine is hot then it's fine it does smoke for around 15mins on every journey 

56 minutes ago, bobowopochop said:

Having same problem when it's cold keeps cutting out but when hot it's fine .I've changed EGR valve ,fuel filter,suction control valve still get VSC light on .turn car of and on keep it at 2500rpm until engine is hot then it's fine it does smoke for around 15mins on every journey 

Any help at all would be very appropriated ...I'm thinking it's now leaking injector .I've tried to remove them before but could not get them out