Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

P0093 Help Needed To Decipher Data

Badger1966

1 hour ago, Shahpor said:

Excellent news, well done! :thumbsup:

You should go back to the dealer and tell them.

Second hand pump time?

And don't worry, my conversation will be very interesting with Lexus on Monday morning. I can hardly believe I managed to do something that a Lexus technician couldn't. Not to mention saving myself £960 in labour! 

Hehe, yes I am very curious how that conversation is going to go :smile:

£110 for a pump is very good.  Was it from a low mileage car?  Either way, as long as it's work, that is the main thing.

After what you have been through (and, if there is any justice in this world, get it working properly), you might want to consider getting an extended warranty for it.  After reading this thread, so glad I got mine. :smile:

Badger, you are a legend. it shows the level of the ability of a lexus technician( unless they just could not be arsed ). i hope this cures the problem. are they a pain to get off and did you have to take the bonnet off...

12 minutes ago, mackemade said:

Badger, you are a legend. it shows the level of the ability of a lexus technician( unless they just could not be arsed ). i hope this cures the problem. are they a pain to get off and did you have to take the bonnet off...

Indeed a pain, and would be very difficult to explain how I did it. But all I have done is take the cover off and cracked the bolts that hold the pump so that I know for sure I can remove it. I have left the pump and all tubes etc in place as I still need to use the car. When I take it completely off I will try to take some pics of my method. And No I didn't need to take bonnet off, just lead across the top of the engine lol

That's good going.

So what has Lexus ACTUALLY done to resolve this problem .... They may have provided good service but it sounds like they have replaced a few parts at your expense and not resolved your problems with the car. Will they refund for the expense you have already put into it?

I have never understood when a car is taken into a garage to be repaired and its found to still be faulty that they don't issue a refund.

Well, As I have said before, the fuel filter change brought the fuel pressure back to normal. The air fuel sensor sorted the power being cut to the MAF, although they did not fix the fault, they did need sorting. They didn't charge for the suction control valve, but also never left the new one on the car. They have allegedly used a donor vehicle to swap parts from in a bid to find the faulty item, even swapped the fuel rail apparently. And they spent a week doing this with no charge. The final thing to swap was the high pressure fuel pump. And here we are at this point. 

just a thought, now i think about it my pump made a slight noise on start up, you would have to listen carefully but it was there. it would disappear quickly . does yours do the same ?

No idea, I will try to listen in the morning. I have also decided to wait and see if the replacement fuel pump works before I speak to Lexus. If it doesn't work I can just throw it back at them and say carry on fixing it! If it does work I can give them some serious grief about them basically writing my car off because of the cost of repair and see what happens.

I sympathise with you, but frankly, I'd get the damned thing in to an auction house asap, cut my losses, and move on........probably to something that runs on petrol.

Helloooooo all,

Well today the pump arrived and I managed to get out of work an hour early. Undid all the bolts and hoses etc. But do you think I can get the damn thing out! It's just tooooo tight. Either the engine need to drop 20mm or come forward 20mm or so. That's how close it is. And on that note, does any one know how to get the pump out without dropping the engine? And mikeyv, your suggestion is looming closer to reality, lol. But I am determined to try and get to the bottom of the problem.

This pic shows how I undid the bottom bolt. Used a ratchet ring spanner. Positioned it sticking out to the left and then used a prybar on top the turbo for leverage. Although hard to see because for some reason its added the pic in the wrong plain. Tilt yer heads to the left lol

WP_20160308_15_49_09_Pro.jpg

And this is how I did the top bolt. Used a spanner on the head of the bolt and then sort of attached a 24mm spanners ring end to it for extra leverage. I also wedged the prybar between the bulkhead and the head of the bolt to make sure the spanner didn't slip off. Its all loose in the pic because its a two handed job and one hand was on the cam! Oh, and again tilt heads to the left.

WP_20160308_15_53_16_Pro.jpg

That is actually rather clever.  Never used a pry bar and a spanner at the same time before.

As for the clearance, can't you loosen the engine mounts and try and tilt it forward a little?

These bolts:

mounts.jpg

Indeed that was my thoughts, about the engine mounts. I expect if there are any I would also have to undo any gearbox mounts so that the engine will lower. But you never know, the engine may just move forward enough. I was just hoping someone had done this job and could advise on how they did it. And thanks for liking my spanner pry bar combo :smile:

Yeah, it appears there are gearbox brackets on the front and rear of the transmission.  You might also need to undo the prop shaft donut.  Doesn't look particularly tricky, but I know how much of a pain working under a car is without a ramp.

By the way, you have the Lexus repair manual, don't you?

Indeed I do, on the PC. And nightmare without ramp, but I have axle stands and big trolley jack

Just had a look and doesn't seem to bad. Probably take exhaust off and gearbox mounts. Looks more difficult to get to engine mounts. And I wonder how much movement there is in the engine mounts after I take the top nuts off?

Well all is crossed for you my good man! Hope you have better luck than me. On that note I spoke to Lexus today, they seemed a little embarrassed about me being able to undo the bolts LOL. And after a bit of a conversation the car is booked in Monday and they are going to fit the pump! Awesome.