Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

P0093 Help Needed To Decipher Data

Badger1966

any that goes more than 200 yards on a morning before it stops would be good, however yesterday it went for about a mile then lost all power. turned it off and back on and it was fine, it is so bizarre. 

it also felt like it was slightly misfiring when i first drove it ( very briefly) , a lot of toyota forums have pointed to leaking injectors ( manual) so i have a feeling that it might be down that route 

• well the car is now with lexus, on the way there every now and again it would puff out a a small amount of blue and white smoke, it would happen every 15 mins or so at about 70mph . the car only averaged 30 mpg . so i am not hopeful of a positive outcome .
  • they gave me a ct 200 as a loan car and i have to say it has to be the worst lexus i have ever drove. 

Hi, mine used to do the smoke thing like that, but only around town. Did't notice it again after new air fuel sensor. ct200 was a little odd to get used to but I didn't think it was to bad, handbrake or should I say foot brake was strange. didn't like gear shift lever. but I thought the drive was ok. seats were good i thought. Didnt like the crappy charging display thing, looks very cheap. The NX is a different league though!

hi , well the car is back from lexus, they have identified 2 possible faults, injector 2 and 3 drain off to high and internal fault possibly on fuel pump. 

they have quoted £4456.00 to repair ....... 

so the question is what to do first? 

i fancy the injectors so i think i will look around for an options on these, lexus quoted £1400 to replace. 

any advice will be very welcome...

Omg, insane. Its crazy that mine was in for more than a week and they came up with nothing. Well wait until I have had my pump fitted and see what happens. I will know for sure if its a fix Tuesday morning. Also mine is going into limp mode all they way up to full operating temp.

the pump was £1500 on its own and then they said they had to take the engine out, i have been looking at some other forums and D4D engines seem to suffer from injector problems, so i think i might try them first, 

Badger, i will  wait till tues hopefully yours will be sorted and that will give me a better idea 

you can get injectors off eBay for about £200 a piece, i might see what they are new?

i dont think lexus want to go near the diesels to be honest, they know they are aggravation 

25 minutes ago, Badger1966 said:

Omg, insane. Its crazy that mine was in for more than a week and they came up with nothing. Well wait until I have had my pump fitted and see what happens. I will know for sure if its a fix Tuesday morning. Also mine is going into limp mode all they way up to full operating temp.

mine does not really go into limp mode it show all the lights and mot rev at all it  will just sit at 1200 rpm until i turn it off and turn it back on again then it will be fine, except for the 27mpg and lack of power low down the revs. its gutless at pulling away. did yours start like this ?

1 minute ago, Badger1966 said:

Yes indeed it did. it just gets worse until the point it has no power at all and then cuts out. But its taken months to get to this stage

thanks, if you do the pump  and it works i will go for that, if it does not work i will get the injectors done first and see if that works 

Well what ever happens, I am looking at a Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 tomorrow :w00t: Fed up with diesel. Missus liked it so I thought why not. Almost as bad mpg as mine at the moment lol. I have had a thing for 4x4 in the past and this one caught my eye. So the Lexus may come to an end :msn-cry: Fixed or scrap, I have decided enough is enough, it's going.

that is strange, i have also been looking on other forums the toyota D4D engine seems to have a lot of injector problems, if i am coorect that  is the same engine that is in the lexus. 

i have found a place that can repair the injectors so  i think i will go down that road ASAP, its worth a punt at £400 fitted. 

i with you no more diesels for me they are all too much agg, 

good luck with the 4x4 , i have shogun sport, love it apart from the fact that it is 3l petrol and averages 22mpg, 

Gary, did you ever ask the dealer about the fuel temp sensor?  It would explain why it seems to be temperature related.

As for the problems you guys are having, I don't think it is a specific diesel problem but rather a modern car problem.  Newer cars have just become so complex that it is getting harder to diagnose issues.  According to the manual, our cars have 19 ECU's!  I remember when 1 was enough.

The other factor is that complexity adds more potential failure possibilities, and since diagnosing difficult problems hasn't changed from the past, guessing which part has gone wrong has become more difficult.  This leads to issues like you guys are having when you either have to choose which part to replace, or just keep changing until the fault is cured.  Not the most cost effective repair :smile:

Have you guys seen the new BMW 7 series?  Can you imagine trying to diagnose a fault on that in 10 years time?  What we need is a much more sophisticated fault finding system built into the cars systems.  But, of course, that adds cost and it gains the manufacturers nothing when selling new cars, so why would they bother?

Indeed the engine is very common among the Toyota range, and the owners site is full of P0093 issues. I have read that the injectors can't be reconditioned, so that's great if you have found someone who can! And £400 fitted is a total result. Hopefully they can program them to the car as well. Well the Jeep is a 4.7 V8 high output, so don't think I will be seeing 22mpg lol. But the condition of it is fab, and such low mileage too. And Shahpor, I agree with you that all modern cars have issues with being to complex, but diesels have added issues with the likes of DPF and EGR issues, not to mention everything else also being clogged up along the way. Can't remember who it is but I saw some pictures of their inlet manifold, and omg how blocked was it, madness. I think Diesel would be not so bad if all your doing is motorway miles. Or brought new and got rid after a couple of years. The service history for mine shows it has had 2 DPF, can't remember how many EGR valves, and the engine rebuilt twice, in 2010 and 2012. And all that under 100,000 miles. And the previous owner mainly used it travelling all over Europe for business purposes, So even with all those motorway miles it's still had major issues. Personally I can't see myself touching another diesel again...

25 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Gary, did you ever ask the dealer about the fuel temp sensor?  It would explain why it seems to be temperature related.

As for the problems you guys are having, I don't think it is a specific diesel problem but rather a modern car problem.  Newer cars have just become so complex that it is getting harder to diagnose issues.  According to the manual, our cars have 19 ECU's!  I remember when 1 was enough.

The other factor is that complexity adds more potential failure possibilities, and since diagnosing difficult problems hasn't changed from the past, guessing which part has gone wrong has become more difficult.  This leads to issues like you guys are having when you either have to choose which part to replace, or just keep changing until the fault is cured.  Not the most cost effective repair :smile:

Have you guys seen the new BMW 7 series?  Can you imagine trying to diagnose a fault on that in 10 years time?  What we need is a much more sophisticated fault finding system built into the cars systems.  But, of course, that adds cost and it gains the manufacturers nothing when selling new cars, so why would they bother?

Good post, but we've brought all this on ourselves by ticking ever more ridiculous options when specifying a new car, more often than not at somebody elses expense.

I mean, can anybody explain the logic in having lights and wipers that turn themselves on automatically?

Doesn't anybody enjoy actually driving cars themselves anymore?

The ultimate in getting what we deserve is just around the corner, driverless cars are coming, and if the car coming towards you, relying solely on it's electrical system not to wipe you and your family out, has a Renault or Alfa badge on the bonnet, I wish you the very best of luck!!.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links