Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, and currently considering buying a GS300 (budget is £5000) with leathers. I have been looking at a few on Autotrader but not sure which model to go for LE, SE, SE-L and what they stand for ?

GS300 which meet my budget are 2006 - 2007, most look very nice and in good nick.

Is there anything I should particularly be looking for in a test drive?

Any common mechinical and electronics which are prone to failure? I will be checking out the bonnet for corrosion !

Is there anywhere else worth inspecting?

The running costs will be reasonable?

What are the service cost by main dealer ?

What would be a good target price?

How much mileage can a GS300 clock up beacuse I have seen cars with 160k miles.

I know it's a 3L petrol but if needed I was thinking of adding a LPG system !

Thanks in advance,
A

• 2 weeks later...

Based on my own experiences with my 123k mileage '06 model, have a look at / enquire about the shocks and tyre valves (TPMS means they're expensive and a pain to get anyone apart from Lexus to replace properly!). 

I have a 2005 3rd Gen GS300 SEL (18" alloys, boot spoiler and ML Stereo) with 60,500 miles (bought it with 57,000 in August last year).

Rear shocks have a slight leak and have been quoted £350 for the pair fitted by my local garage whom I have been using for the last 12 years.

I replaced an HID bulb at a cost £83 which is expensive but you have to get good ones as they are prone to failure and there is no warning light on the dash as it is the gas failing to ignite therefore the circuit to the ballast is still in tact).

The car is a beauty to drive, superbly comfortable and quiet with too many gadgets. The Up-to-date SatNav DVDs are very expensive, I bought a copy but quickly dispensed with it as it caused the player to overheat as it has difficulty reading the darker rewritable finish.

I love the shape and look of this car, it always impresses any passengers who cannot get over the quality.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links