Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ok it does really but if I try to check the VIN out on the smattering of Lexus VIN checkers on the web and it doesn't come up. The Chassis plate also has the model number which is a UCF20R-AEPGKW which translates to an LS400 manufactured between 10/1994 and 07/1997. The VIN however should tell me the exact year of manufacture. I know it is before July 1995 because that is when it was 1st registered.

The reason I am interested is because I have just bought mats which should fit but the fixing holes are in the wrong position. The only thing I can think of is that the carpet in the car is from the pre 1994 version.

The VIN is (minus the last few digits JT153UF20000xxxxx. Position 10 is supposed to be the year. Any ideas why this is a bit weird?

The VIN on the car is the same as is registered with DVLA so MOT is not a problem. The query is more around why the VIN doesn't seem to comply with the way Lexus generates the VIN numbers. It could just that the sites calculators don't take into account all variations.

• 2 weeks later...

For work we use dvla information,  the amount of cars on the road with incorrect vin numbers on the logbook is shocking, as for a vin check for lexus/Toyota try toyodiy it's what I use to check them at work also links to a parts catalogue 

Hth Phil 

When mine had to have a VIC at VOSA they couldn't issue the certificate because the chassis number beginning UCF-10 instead said VCF-10 on the V5C, only took a couple of days to sort between VOSA and the DVLA. The VOSA guy said it was quite a common senario.

I also fitted a private plate on mine but now find any website where they ask you to enter your registration number so they can confirm your car details isn't recognised.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links