Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Springs 50Mm Drop

Healey

Hi,

I've recently dropped my car 50mm with Tenzo-r lowering springs and the ride is now pretty bouncy..

Are there any shocks good enough I should get to replace the standard ones or are strut bars the way to go??

Thanks

• Like 1

Really? I thought it would be stiffer more "sporty" spring as I'm thinking of getting them on mine. Do you not recommend them?

TEIN do a set of coilovers for £440 but I didn't really want to pay so much to get low but don't want my car to bounce around like a boat on the lower springs.

I think strut bars are more to make the chassis stiff when changing direction

I have read that going too low on standard springs makes the standard shocks unable to cope so that could be wht has happened. Bilsein and Koni do uprated shocks, but by the time you have paid for springs and shocks you could have gone coliovers with way more adjutment. Puting better roll bars on made a massive difference when i did it.

• Like 1

Yeah thanks for your view on coilovers, I guess the final cost would not be far off coilovers so I'll prob wait and get those instead of lowering spring but they cost half the price of my car lol