Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So Am I The First?

I have taken the plunge again and ordered my next (3rd) RX. This time I have gone for the new RX400H, hybrid technology. 270Hp with the extra 70 coming from the electric motors.

So am I the first on the Forum to go Hybrid or are there any other RX (or other models) owners out there put their deposit down?

John

Would love the new RX, but then I'd have to flog the IS, the Soarer and maybe even the Astra to pay for it! (That would please 'er indoors tho) :P

The only thing I wasn't so keen on is the front bumper on the hybrid. In the pictures in What Car? it's a restyled bumper as it doesn't look as good as the current one :unsure:

I've been discussing putting down a deposit for an RX hybrid with my local dealership for a couple of weeks now. I've had an rx300 se 2003 before and thought the build quality etc was great. My only concern was the poor mpg whilst city driving.

Anyway, I'm concerned that the price of the hybrid will be considerably more than the conventional RX. My dealer implied that there would only be a top spec model available and that it might be around £40k.

Any higher than £40k and i'm not so sure, so i'm hanging back on the deposit for a while.....

Any information on availability and pricing from anyone at this stage is purely guess work. I have tried very hard to get information for my contacts at LGB (even tried when they were drunk!) and I am convinced that they are not holding out on me, it is just that decisions on these matters have not been made yet.

One thing I am sure of though, LGB will not over price this car and there will be much more demand than supply. This will make it the cheapest Lexus you will ever own and I am not talking about fuel economy, the largest cost of motoring is depreciation. I am sure this car will be one of these ‘over list’ phenomena’s.

Just a thought on the Hybrid: Won't those vents on the bumper be partly covered by the reg plate? If they are only cosmetic I suppose it's irrelevant but it may look a bit odd..... in the states the RXs I saw all lacked front reg plates looked really good.

Rang my dealer to put a deposit on the hybrid today but my contact was on holiday - foiled!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links