Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When do I use BG244?

grahamc

Hi all, 

Just had my EGR cleaned out and wondering when do I use BG244? Do I put it in soon or do I wait a few thousand miles? I thought I added it now, but just wondering if the EGR is actually clean now will this help?

Sorry if stupid question, couldn't find instructions on how to time this with the EGR clean. 

Thanks

G

• 1 month later...

Sorry ...only just saw this question.

When I had my 220d I used to use the BG244 every 8000 miles or so. Wait until you are going to do fuel fill up. When you get to the petrol station ...pour in a whole can and then put say, 50 litres of fuel on top so that it mixes in well. Then drive around as normal and include a couple of 'spirited' runs.

I also used the AR6200 additive at 5ml per 50 litres at pretty much every fill up. It is designed to reduce the flashpoint temp of diesel and give a cleaner burn. Opinions are divided as to its effectiveness. Al I can say is I found both to work very well for me. Every time I checked my EGR I would only find a light dusting of carbon inside the unit. Take the EGR right off the car to reveal the intake port. There can be crud in there to clean out too ... chip it loose (screwdriver blade works)and suck it out with an old hoover and a piece of tube gaffer-taped onto the hoover tube.

Also ...keep that MAF sensor clean ...don't touch it but use a solvent cleaner. Plenty of vids on Youtube as to how to do it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links