Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealership service plans vs. owners' club discounts

SeriousSam

Afternoon all,

So I took my IS250 in to Lexus Reading for its 80k service yesterday, and we had a bit of a chat about service plans, since I'm doing about 20k a year in that car. They printed out an example of what the standard service costs would be, compared with the costs on the service plan. Unsurprisingly the service plan comes in cheaper. What's interesting is that I then worked out the costs of the standard services with the owner's club 15% discount, and that's cheaper still. Full details below:

2 year plan based on 4 services, standard price:

80k £519

90k £245

100k £669

110k £245

Total £1678

Service plan total cost £1560

Owners club discounted price:

80k £441.15

90k £208.25

100k £568.65

110k £208.25

Total £1426.30

The service manager said that he'd seen several owners' club members before, and some had service plans while others used their discount cards, but none of them had ever actually worked out the costs in front of him. My membership here has already paid for itself several times over in savings, but this shows quite nicely how much it helps :)

One thing that you have not factored in is inflation. Your costings on the 4 services do not take into account any annual increase in individual services which would affect the cost with and without your discount so that is another thing you need to consider.

Yes, As dave1 has rightly said, there will be some sort of inflation added at certain points on separate services so you might find that the price goes up slightly.

Some dealers dont give the Lexusownersclub member discount whilst others do. It depends on the dealership and some also give members discount on top of service plans so definitely worth checking it out as it might save you even more cash!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links